Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

4 posters

The Ranch RP

AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

The Ranch RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ranch RP

Post  AndrewRashi Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 am

Her eyes follow Angel's gesture to the house, glancing over it for a second before realizing the implication. The tell tail of worry crosses her face for only a moment as the ranch and it's calming nature chaces it away. She recalls what she was told earlier that week as to how she would probably be unable to enter any of the houses due to what she is.

"won't it be a little hard for me to go inside? I mean i'd be happy to talk but i thought that the houses would refuse me"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 am

Oda smiles to Angel, who chuckles in response. "No, Hana. Its not the house that will refuse and I doubt you meant it that way so let me briefly explain."

"It is the Great Earth Mother who watches over this place and by her blessings is it guarded and protected. The first level of protection is the property itself but one would have to truly be evil not be able to enter this place. The second and greatest protection are the homes. I could go into great detail as to how that situation operates but let's just say that the doorway of each home is akin to an x-ray that let's the Earth Mother see almost everything about you," Oda explains, maintaining a warm smile. "It's up to her whether she lets you in or not but the bottom line is, no individual will be allowed to enter if they bear ill will or evil intent to anyone within the home." Oda glances over to Angel.

"Cheyenne Savage is our most unique individual and still an odd mystery to even the Earth Mother. She is native, which of course, is normal," Angel snickers, "but she is also a demon and also what is called a "Death Watcher" but despite the oddities the one thing the Earth Mother can tell is that Chey's heart is good and she is in and out of the homes everyday."

"Yeah! Chey is an oddity. She's who she says she is and yet, is not. For some odd reason, the Earth Mother can't get through what is protecting the woman's mind, or and we know she has done it before, the Earth Mother knows and is keeping quiet about it," Elise adds in a pursed lip thought.

"So I don't think you'll have any problems, Hana. Just because you have the tainted blood of a vampire flowing within your veins means little in the long run," she smiles and continues, "its what is in your heart!"

Murmurs of agreement pass amongst the teens, some of them offering encouraging words to Hana.

Angel smiles at Hana, offering her hand. "Come, Hana. If your heart is true, there is nothing to worry about."

Elise nods encouragingly for Hana to take Angel's hand. "Besides," she whispers, "its what is in inside that will make you really happy, Hana.

Soft chuckles and light snickers move through the other teens, some of them offering up knowing looks Hana's way.

Angel smiles, wiggling her fingers.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 am

Hana runs the words through her mind quickly. She takes Angel's hand without much hesitation at all.

"today is a day of surprises... I had expected a lot today... much of it was actually a little negative... Like i was worried some folks would not be happy with my blood" Giggling slightly as if laughing at herself. She gives a big happy smile to the group that was encouraging her, her fangs showing, but some how it still is a cute smile "Thank you for settling my worries"

She allows Angel to lead her, making sure Elise is following. The fact that Elise is hiding the surprise - temperarily closing her book as it were - not bothering her at all. She maintains a sweet smile while she finally actually feels pure happyness with no fears, or worries needing chased away by the Ranch and it's calming essence
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 11:08 am

It takes but a few minutes for the group to move across the cul de sac type driveway, across the lush, green grass of the front yard, passing by the picnic tables which are just now being cleaned up. Elise takes a quick look around, grabbing herself a barbecued chicken breast as she passes by.

With Oda, Angel, hand in hand with Hana make their way towards the house, they are followed by Elise and behind her are the rest of Angel's family; Keta and Amets, Noquisi with Adam tailing along behind.

Oda reaches the steps first, moving up the few steps, to the front porch where she pulls the screen door open, turning to look back at the others. Elise and the others can't help but be curious as to what will happen, all of them pushing by as Angel and Hana stop for a moment. Oda shakes her head, chuckling as the others pass through the doorway then looks to Angel and Hana.

"Go ahead, Hana," Angel encourages, loosing the young woman's hand.

Oda gives an encouraging nod of her head along with a reassuring look and smile.

((When Hana passes through the door, she will feel a very warm sensation with the feeling of having her heart and soul looked into very deeply. The feeling passes with the next step through.))
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am

Hana seems to hesitate a second, she takes a deep breath and holds it closing her eyes and stepping through the doorway... she squirms a second feeling uncomfortable, but does not in any way try to resist realizing what she is feeling. She steps through to the other side and shivers almost as though she is a dog shaking off water from a pool. She opens her eyes and lets out a breath of releaf. Smiling at everybody inside, taking in the things around her as well as the reactions of the people
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 pm

The aroma of the home is a mix of baked goods, coffee, pine sol and the scent of simply being lived in. There is barely a hallway; closet door to the left, four foot long, waist high partition separating the living room from the hall with a single, enviro friendly light bulb burning dimly above. Despite the wealth of the Ranch, the living room is definitely lived in with two big, fluffy, partially worn leather couches, three leather arm chairs in the same condition, a large, simple pale greens and white floral print area rug. It too, is worn with age. The room is painted a pale summer green, the floor is a caramel colored maple hardwood which still looks good but is showing its age as well. Each couch has two end tables, simply designed, functional lamps and numerous other small tables covered in doilies, knick knacks and other various, small collectables. At the far end of the room, in stark contrast to everything else sits a large, sixty three inch plasma television and stand with of course, the obligatory game decks and numerous games haphazardly stacked within the shelves beneath the television. Currently, there are four other teens and three adults watching television.

They look over to those entering the house, taking only a moment to see who it is, giving Hana simple nods and smiles of greeting, then turning their attention back to the television. Elise and her siblings appear a bit disappointed that nothing happened but on the same hand are glad that nothing did and express their glad feelings to Hana, then turn and head to the kitchen.

Having stepped in behind everyone, Oda allows the screen door to snap shut, nods to Angel then steps by her and Hana, following the others to the kitchen. Angel looks to Hana, a look of excitement in her eyes then proceeds to the kitchen as well.

"Come on, Hana," Angels says over her shoulder. "If all goes well, your one biggest wish is about to come true." Angel vanishes down the hall and into another room.

((Upon entrance into the kitchen, it is spacious with a large island occupying the room and sitting at one end is an older woman, attractive yet somewhat stern looking and all business like. Before her sits an open laptop and some documents while down at the foot of her chair sits a carrying bag. Oda sits to the woman's left, Angel sits to her right with the rest of the family scattered about the kitchen. Directly to the woman's left is an empty chair. Hana will get the definite impression the chair is meant for her. Everyone, again, looks Hana's way.))

AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Wed May 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Hana follows Angel into the kitchen, trying to catch up as though to hug her. Before she can however she sees the women, and feels this sense that she is meant to sit in that chair to the women's left. She hesitantly moves to the chair a little nervously wondering what could possibly be coming to pass. She takes in the size of the kitchen - feelings of confusion come from her, but are easily placed aside with the happyness, and joy that she is feeling just being with Elise, Oda, and Angel.

She looks over the women and blushes slightly - looking to Angel and Oda then reclinging into a obviously embarrased sitting position
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Thu May 19, 2011 3:08 pm

"Damn, I missed them..." Nex Noctis said as he landed by the water fountain, just a few feet away from where Oda and Hana departed. "Why am I always late...thought I was gonna head to the ranch, kick back, relax, get out of the city for a bit...ah well..." Nex muttered to himself.

He continued to pace around, attempting to figure out what he should do, when he remembered a detail, he had over looked. With a flash from the chest crystal, the suit disappeared and Victor was left standing in his usual jeans and wind breaker jacket.

"Where did I put it..." He whispered as his hands viciously rummaged through his jackets pockets. Just as he was about to berate himself for misplacing things, the fingers on his right hand danced across a smooth cold surface.

"Aha!" He exclaimed, as he pulled out his comm link, and held it before him. The crystal flashed again. Now, once more encased in his suit, allowing him to see, Nex pushed the button on the comm.

" This is Nex Noctis...I missed the earlier trip...can somebody give me a lift?"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Nex Noctis wrote:"Damn, I missed them..." Nex Noctis said as he landed by the water fountain, just a few feet away from where Oda and Hana departed. "Why am I always late...thought I was gonna head to the ranch, kick back, relax, get out of the city for a bit...ah well..." Nex muttered to himself.

He continued to pace around, attempting to figure out what he should do, when he remembered a detail, he had over looked. With a flash from the chest crystal, the suit disappeared and Victor was left standing in his usual jeans and wind breaker jacket.

"Where did I put it..." He whispered as his hands viciously rummaged through his jackets pockets. Just as he was about to berate himself for misplacing things, the fingers on his right hand danced across a smooth cold surface.

"Aha!" He exclaimed, as he pulled out his comm link, and held it before him. The crystal flashed again. Now, once more encased in his suit, allowing him to see, Nex pushed the button on the comm.

" This is Nex Noctis...I missed the earlier trip...can somebody give me a lift?"

A moment passes before the familiar voice of Wacko is heard over the comm.

"Yeah, hang a moment," he responds, then begins to mumble, "people always thinking this is some kind of taxi service, always thinking I've nothing better to do than push buttons for their convenience." Quickly, there is silence followed by the ringing clatter of various items of equipment hitting the floor, followed by Wacko speaking harshly in his native, Russian tongue, which causes Nex to cringe.

Again, there is silence, leaving Nex with the lingering feeling that he had been forgotten until he feels the tingling sensation of him about to be teleported. In a flash, his molecules are transported the short distance to the Ranch where he reappears, mere inches above the large watering trough located near the corral gate.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 pm

AndrewRashi wrote:Hana follows Angel into the kitchen, trying to catch up as though to hug her. Before she can however she sees the women, and feels this sense that she is meant to sit in that chair to the women's left. She hesitantly moves to the chair a little nervously wondering what could possibly be coming to pass. She takes in the size of the kitchen - feelings of confusion come from her, but are easily placed aside with the happyness, and joy that she is feeling just being with Elise, Oda, and Angel.

She looks over the women and blushes slightly - looking to Angel and Oda then reclinging into a obviously embarrased sitting position

The woman watches Hana take the seat next to her, showing a business like indifference to the young woman. Once Hana takes her seat, the woman turns her attention to her lap top, taps away at the keyboard for a moment before looking amongst this sitting at the island.

"This is usually a matter which must be settled within the Family Court system but due to the current situation, lack of information, no known relatives and the fact," she looks unkindly to Oda, who simply smiles back, "you seem to know people in important positions. As appointed liaison between the adopting parents, Family court division and both Children and Meta Children's services, I will be dealing with the finalization of this adoption."

"The woman looks to Angel," I would assume your husband is going to grace us with his presence.

"I'm here, I'm here," a voice answers, Brandon hustling into the kitchen, taking his place by Angel's side. The two of them kiss for a moment then Brandon leans forward, smiles at Hana.

"Shall we get on with the proceedings, please," she says, giving a slight roll of her eyes. "Good!" She taps away at her keyboard again, a soft beep emanates from the laptop in response. She reaches down for her bag, pulling it up upon her lap, taking a moment to rummage within. She pulls out two devices; one thin and square with two lights and what appears to be a pad, the other, a thin, circular device, its top surface occupied by many crystalline like bulbs. She take a moment to plug in both devices, each beeping to life, the round device sending a soft, circular beam to the ceiling. She depresses a couple button on her keyboard, the circular device lights up, quickly forming into a 3D image of an older looking, distinguished man sitting in a full back leather chair.

"Good evening, Judge Joseph Ryan Bartlett," drones the woman. "The proceedings are ready."

"Good evening, Ms. Lauren Vaducci," he says in a courteous manner but his face lights up in a smile upon seeing Oda and the others." "Greetings Odanuda, Angel, Brandon and family. I hope things are well at the Ranch?"

Oda returns his smile with a bright one of her own. "It is good to see you Joseph! I gather the family is doing well?" she asks.

The others nod, offering up smiles to the judge save for the Lauren who appears to be anxious and impatient.

"They are doing very well, Oda. My grandson took his first steps today and I was thankful to be there."

"That is wonderful news," Angel pipes up. "It is so wonderful to see such a thing, to be there when it happens. Such a beautiful...."

"I do not wish to interrupt, but may we get on with these proceedings," Laurens says, a cold tinge to her words.

"Ah, yes! Please continue, Ms. Lauren. We apologize for the digression," Oda says nodding her head.

The woman slides the pad, first to Oda, then to Angel and Brandon, each of them pressing their thumbs upon the padded section, an acknowledging light coming from the pad, a beep from the laptop in response. The woman then slides the pad before Hana.

"Please press your thumb upon the pad, Miss Hana (insert unknown last name)," she asks, "then we can begin."

Last edited by Blackstar on Fri May 20, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Thu May 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Nex appeared above the water trough and promptly fell into it. Confused, after having his suit disperse upon teleportation, he began to wildly flail and struggle in his blindness, but managed to extract himself from the trough. Dripping wet, he felt his way out of the murky watering bin, and onto the grass.

"Really!?" He said, irritation evident in his tone. "Sure drop the blind guy in the water...hardy har..." He flashed on his suit, bolts of silver lighting flying into the air. "I AM NEX NOCTIS! THE DEATH OF NI-" He began to dramatically cry, when he noticed everyone at the picnic, many with their heads turned giving him expressions ranging from bemused to upset.

He cut his comment off, let his arms flop to his sides, and strolled over. "Ya...so whatcha eatin'?" He said as he casually waved greetings to everyone, never quite taking his focus off the food. He walked over and helped himself to the grub, grabbing a plate, and a taking a little sample of everything, to eat. Nex walked over to the closest available seat, flashed his suit off and carefully felt his way down to it.

He ripped off a rib from a rack and took a bite. "Woah! Holy...damn! That's good!" He exclaimed in between mouthfuls. Unfortunately for those situated around him, having grown up blind, and unable to eat in his suit, Victor was completely unaware of the mess he was making of himself, he just sat there, enjoying each mouthful with a stupid grin. Also, because of his blind state, he never saw Hana and Oda making introductions, nor did he hear them over his chewing and the general noise of the picnic.

After awhile, Victor finished his massive meal and sat back, quiet content. He smiled and sighed and before he was aware, began to nap.

Victor awoke with a start, chest crystal flaring as he was enveloped by his suit. He stood up and looked around, checking for danger. He realized there was none, it had only been a dream...a very disturbing dream, but a dream none the less.

"Well...I guess I should try and find Oda and Hana.." He said to himself. Nex began slowly strolling about, taking his time as he observed the abundance of beauty the ranch offered. Eventually he asked the closest person to him about his friends locations. He nodded after hearing that Oda and Hana, along with Angel and Brandon and their children had all went to the kitchen. Nex nodded his gratitude and headed off after them.

Nex entered the kitchen. He never bothered to take in the sights and smells of the kitchen however, his demeanor having become more distant the longer he spent in the suit. He arrived at the door to the room where everyone was situated. Respectfully, he decided to wait outside the door, he however couldn't help himself from listening in on the conversations, and on what as transpiring.

Last edited by Nex Noctis on Fri May 20, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Fri May 20, 2011 12:30 am

The minute, no the second!! Hana hears the word 'adoption' her heart races, her eyes get just huge, and for some reason her palms get all sweaty. She feels anxious, and excited... having a hard time focusing as images of true family... this family dance through her head. She looks like she is almost in shock, but a happy sort of shock.

Hana then watches as the pad slides from one person to the next. She watches it come to her, an oblivious look on her face. She seems startled by Lauren's words, but nods, and places her thumb upon the pad as instructed (edited; real name is; Sarah avalen)

She sees how friendly everybody is with the judge, and feels it a good sign, but also sees the odd almost irritated signs given by the business lady Lauren. It seems to make her uneasy that this women seems to be a dark clowd on the best day of her life. Yet... it is still the best day of her life...
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

A variety of pertinent information had flashed across the screen of the laptop with thumbprint upon the pad. Mere seconds after Hana presses her thumb against the pad, the screen lights up again, but with far less information then all of the others. Lauren takes a moment to scan the information, nods her head then looks over to the 3D image of the judge.

"I gather you're receiving this information, your Honor," she asks.

"Yes, I have it and am confirming it now," Judge Joseph Ryan Bartlett responds, a soft beep is heard upon her computer after his response.

"Well, young lady," he begins, turning and smiling to Hana. "It appears there is very little about you on record but what I do see is rather a sad story. There are hits and misses about you along the way but other than a few things here and there and of course, your little outburst in New York." He says this with a knowing look, offering Hana a small smile.

"Is there to be a follow up of criminal charges then, your Honor," Lauren asks giving Hana a snide look. "Did you think that you weren't being watched, young lady," she smirks, leaning a bit closer to Hana.

"I think that will be quite enough, Ms. Lauren," the smooth voice of Oda interrupting the Judge.

"I agree with Odanuda, Ms. Lauren," responds Joseph with a less than kind look. "Let us continue on with this adoption and leave the criminal matters to those who are qualified for such things."

Laruen stares in anger the judge, a slight tremor in her bottom lip at being reprimanded in such a manner. She glances at Oda then looks to Hana giving both a cold stare before swallowing the lump of rage within her throat, lest it get her deeper in trouble.

Oda looks from beneath her eyebrows towards the kitchen doorway, a small smile turning up the corner of her lips. She knew Nex was hanging out at the doorway, listening in. Oda knew she could do something about it, but there was no reason to because the more he heard, the better he would come to understand what the Ranch and all who call it home are all about.

The judge turns to face Angel and her husband, Brandon. "You two are to become her adoptive parents? You are sure of this and wish these proceedings to continue?"

Angel and Brandon give each other a momentary glance before smiling to the Judge. "Of course, your Honor," Angel replies, smiling a warm and caring smile Hana's way. "She has had a rough life and deserves to know what family is all about. She deserves a home filled with love and care."

A stifled squeal of happiness comes from where Elise is, her brother, Adam, quick to cover her mouth, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. The little squeal causes everyone to chuckle, save Lauren who gives Elise a disdainful gaze.

Nex cannot help but feel his presence is known, especially when Oda happens to look his way and smile, but she does not move nor does she say anything. As he continues to watch, he feels someone tapping on his shoulder.

"You know, spying on something as important as that, Nex, is just soooo wrong," whispers a female voice, which is followed by a soft snicker.

"Want me to break him in half and toss him out the back door," Xoloni whispers in a smart assed remark.

((standing behind Nex are the twins of Garret and Nahima, Xoloni and Rudo. Both have chocolate colored skin with Xoloni, the male, a bit darker than Rudo's. Xoloni is a strapping, muscular young lad, handsome in face with dark brown eyes and military type cropped hair. Rudo is a gorgeous looker, well shaped, sporting an athletic, slightly muscular build with dreadlocks which hang just below her shoulders. They are identical twins in looks alone, plus,Xoloni is just under six feet tall while Rudo is lucky if she breaks five foot one inches.))
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sun May 22, 2011 12:12 am

As the mere mention of New York passes the lips of the Judge Hana's eyes turn to a horror that Elise, Oda, and Angel have never seen before from her. They can't seem to focus as she moves her hands before her face, staring at them as if to see blood on that nobody else can see. Laurens prodding does not even pass her as she seems to have left the very reality of the room.

She is pulled out of this odd trance when Oda brings the topic back on track. She gives a gratefull, yet sad smile to Oda, and seems to try hard not to curl into a ball and hide her face. Her mood seems to improve with Elise's squeel, but she is still obviously unsettled by the information that the judge, and Lauren found on her.

(the thoughts that she is being watched still run through her head... Over and over)
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun May 22, 2011 12:39 am

(Bahhhh hahahahaha! Not just her, but many others.. hehehehe There's always organizations within the shadows that know things others don't.. Whaaaaa hahahahaha hehe))
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Nex stiffened after the shoulder tap. He had been so focused as to what was going on in the room, he had failed to notice the twins approaching from behind.

"In any other circumstance, that would have been a fatal mistake. Be more aware." He mentally criticized himself.

He turned and he regarded the two, his gaze lingering for a second longer on Rudo.

"Desire is a weakness. It throws you off guard and distracts you. Learn to ignore it." he thought to himself, although he wasn't quite sure what had prompted him to think the out of character thought.

"Oh, hello." He said quietly, trying not to disturb the people in the room. "I wasn't trying to spy...was just curious..." He attempted to explain. He then turned his attention to Xoloni and his comment.

"That was a threat. Watch him."he thought to himself, again questioning the random, and paranoid thoughts he was thinking. He gave a slight shake of his head.

"That would be...most unpleasant Xoloni. I prefer my spine in one piece, thanks."

Nex turned and looked back at the door, checking if they were disturbing anyone, then motioned towards the kitchen entrance.

"We should continue this conversation outside so we don't bother anyone...unless you two were just passing by?"

Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 am

The judge gives Lauren a simple look and nod which she understands and begins to tap away at her computer, leaving all within the kitchen in a moment of silence.

"You must be pretty excited, young lady," the judge asks in caring voice, offering Hana a parental type smile. "I would ask you if you wish theses proceedings to continue but I have a hunch there is no need in asking you, is there?"

Angel's places her hand over Hana's! Like Oda, she had seen the physical response when New York was brought up, sees the sad smile given to Oda. Angel didn't have to be a telepath to know the worry and concern, the anxiety born of a painful past which is quite evident upon Hana's face. She was also the mother of five children and knew full well what Hana needed at this moment.

Angel turns to face Hana and wraps comforting arms around the young woman. She kissed Hana gently upon the top of her head then whispers softly into her ear.

"Do not be afraid or worried, Hana. Everything will work out! Just have faith and hope, okay? Family takes care of each other."

Angel kisses Hana gently upon the cheek, continuing to hold the young woman in a caring, motherly embrace.

Warm, kind reactions can be seen upon the faces of the others upon watching such a tender moment. Lauren, though she could see out of the corner of her eyes was too busy nor did she care much. In her view, there was a time and place for such emotional moments and this was neither the time nor the place. At least, in her opinion.

Both Xoloni and Rudo chuckle at having caught Nex off guard but not out of any sense of cruelty or spite but more out of fun. Around here, everyone was game to be caught at something and then made fun of, it was the natural course of growing up on the Ranch.

"Actually, we were a bit curious ourselves, just never thought you were the eavesdropping type, Nex," she whispers, smirking. She then takes her twin brother's hand and looks towards the kitchen door.

"Maybe we should move off," she whispers in agreement with Nex.

"Oh, sorry we startled you, Nex," Xoloni whispers in apology and as to my other comment," he grins, "I was just messin with you, okay. You need to chill out a bit, dude." He is then promptly dragged away.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 am

It wasn't hard for Hana to emerce herself in the comfort Angel provided as she had done so many times before. The Ranch and it's calm sense of appeal washing away the fears and memories as she gives the Judge a nod. Smiling to the group she tries very hard to ignore Lauren's dark cloud, and focus on the fact that she is moments away from having a last name. More importantly that she will have family that gave her that last name.
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Mon May 23, 2011 11:25 am

Nex hesitated before following the twins. He had been a bit high strung, almost edgy and rude. He started after the two, still pondering what had caused his uncharacteristic mood swing.

After exiting the kitchen, he caught up with the two. "Hey, sorry about that...don't know what came over me."

He looked over at Rudo. "And I'm totally the eavesdropping type! You learn to listen when you can't see after all!" He said while chuckling.

Nex looked back over his shoulder towards the kitchen, then turned back to the pair. "So, their really adopting?" He asked with an excited underlay to his voice.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 23, 2011 12:05 pm

As Lauren works away, doing her job, the others sit partaking in simple chit chat with most of it being directed at and about Hana. Angel continues to hold Hana close, her own motherly instincts having taken over awhile ago. All the while, the judge had a certain look upon his face, the kind of look he knows he has to ask, but does not wish to ask. He knew that it would put Hana on the spot, he knew it would open old wounds and bring up old fears but despite how he felt, his job had to be done. But he also knew that Hana was in good hands, amongst good people, those he had come to call friends. They would help Hana through the tough times that were about to happen.

Even though he was there as a 3D image, Oda could still sense the hesitation within Judge Joseph, she eases his burden by speaking up. "We must all, at one point in time, deal with the ghosts of our past. Sometimes its hard, sometimes its easy, but it can and is dealt with much better when one is with people they love," she suddenly says. "And sometimes, it is hard for those who need to, to ask questions which must have answers," she adds, smiling towards the Judge.

He gives her a knowing smirk. She always seemed to know the right thing to say at the right time. Her words had eased the burden of his thoughts. He turns to look at Hana and though he knew his question would be tough, he looked upon her with kindly eyes.

"Hana? I would like to know what happened in New York," he asks. "There is the written aspect of it, but I'd rather hear of it from you, Hana? You don't have to go into great detail but I have to ask this and a few other questions."

Elise feels her heart tighten in response to the judge's query, but she knew his questions must be answered though they open old wounds, bring back things shoved deep into the back of one's mind in a pretended effort to be forgotten. Elise knew that Hana would have a tough time so she offered the only thing she knew would help her friend, encourage her.

"Hana? I love you!" she offers up in kindness, her eyes warm and full of care.

Xoloni and Rudo exchange glances for a moment, both smiling.

"There is no need to be on edge when you're on the Ranch, Nex, really," Xoloni says, Rudo nodding her agreement. "Everyone here is family. We may have our issues off and on but that's part and partial to be family," he smiles, nudging Rudo to take over.

It was common knowledge on the Ranch that Xoloni wasn't much of a talker and though he could say things properly and accordingly when needed, he usually stumbled over his own tongue. His nudging of Rudo was his way of letting her know to take over.

She smiles at her brother, nudging him back, then grins at Nex. "I totally knew you were an eavesdropper," she snickers. She could hear the excitement in Nex's voice which echoed her own. This was the first time something like this had happened upon the Ranch but after all the talking about Hana that Elise had done, it was no surprise about what was taking place within the kitchen. It had been discussed for a short period as to who would be the mother, have the privilege of adopting Hana and when all was said and done and with Oda's most willing blessing and confirmation, Angel and Brandon had been decided upon. But here, on the Ranch, each and every parent was parent to everyone of the other children.

"Yes, they are, Nex and its wonderful," Rudo says, her excitement quite apparent as her eyes, too, drift towards the kitchen doorway. "And once that is a done deal, the teasing and torture begins," she adds with a playful snicker. "After all, she will be family."

Xoloni gives a deep, low chuckle of agreement.

AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Hana curls into a ball, making every effort to sink into Angel's motherly embrace. She stutters as she explains "well I'm not really sure why, but i was with a friend... Miyuki, a cat-fox of sorts... But she was being hunter. Neither of us knew, but some Mercenary came to the city, and started causing all sorts of Damage. Miyuki told me to help make sure every citizen got to safety... I did what i could there, and then returned to her. She told me to run away, but i wouldn't listen... I tried to help... I tried... and ... I got in the way" Her face is a wash in a sea of tears at this point

"I could not stop him, and then... I just lost control... All of who i was locked deep inside as i watched myself destroy the very place i called home... and still, even in that rage... I was a rag doll to him... A complete stranger stopped both of us without hardly batting an eye... that's likely the only reason i'm still alive... I was such a fool" She seems to become lost in the loop of memory she just shared for a moment
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Blackstar wrote:

Xoloni and Rudo exchange glances for a moment, both smiling.

"There is no need to be on edge when you're on the Ranch, Nex, really," Xoloni says, Rudo nodding her agreement. "Everyone here is family. We may have our issues off and on but that's part and partial to be family," he smiles, nudging Rudo to take over.

It was common knowledge on the Ranch that Xoloni wasn't much of a talker and though he could say things properly and accordingly when needed, he usually stumbled over his own tongue. His nudging of Rudo was his way of letting her know to take over.

She smiles at her brother, nudging him back, then grins at Nex. "I totally knew you were an eavesdropper," she snickers. She could hear the excitement in Nex's voice which echoed her own. This was the first time something like this had happened upon the Ranch but after all the talking about Hana that Elise had done, it was no surprise about what was taking place within the kitchen. It had been discussed for a short period as to who would be the mother, have the privilege of adopting Hana and when all was said and done and with Oda's most willing blessing and confirmation, Angel and Brandon had been decided upon. But here, on the Ranch, each and every parent was parent to everyone of the other children.

"Yes, they are, Nex and its wonderful," Rudo says, her excitement quite apparent as her eyes, too, drift towards the kitchen doorway. "And once that is a done deal, the teasing and torture begins," she adds with a playful snicker. "After all, she will be family."

Xoloni gives a deep, low chuckle of agreement.

Nex's chest crystal flared, and his suit vanished. Immediately, his stern attitude vanished.

Victor nodded. "Yea, your definitely right about the whole family thing...I don't think I've ever seen a tighter knit bunch. I'm glad I can call you all friends."

He looked to where he thought the twins where standing, although he was off a smidgen, staring at the gap in between the two.

"Anyway, it's great that their adopting Hana...that kids been through some rough stuff from what I hear. I'm sure this will do everyone a world of good, I know it's warmin' my heart." Victor said, then laughed.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Thu May 26, 2011 12:04 am

((OOC: Just fyi. Was tagged with a shit load of viruses so my comp is at the shop. Could be back tomorrow, the next day or whenever but I'll be back sometime. hehehe))
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri May 27, 2011 10:38 am

Judge Joseph pauses for a moment, everyone within the kitchen unable to deny how emotionally upset Hana had become over the question, but he continues forward. Angel can do no more than hold Hana, keep comforting arms around the young woman, offering up whispered words of encouragement and comfort.

"What are your thoughts on that situation, Hana? I mean, there was much property damage which had been done and thankfully, nobody was hurt, that we know of," Joseph says, continuing on with his questioning. "What would you have done if the area had not been cleared of people?"

Lauren continues to work away, her fingers racing across the keyboard, her eyes glued to the monitor as she continued with her work. All the while, she was listening, angered at how the judge had made her, in her opinion, look like a fool. That eased somewhat, a small smile curling one corner of her mouth as the judge continued with his questioning. As far as she was concerned, Hana was a young, uncontrollable threat, an unknown meta who had resisted most detection. Despite her abilities and irregardless of what these people, here, thought, Hana should be in the custody of Children's Services and if not there, in a juvenile detention center.

Oda noted Lauren's emotional attitude with the situation and was not sure how to feel about this woman. Either Lauren was totally into her job with an attitude of "rules are rules" and must be followed or the worker for Meta Children's Services was up to something else. Maybe it was a bit of both, or maybe it was something else but whatever it was or could be, Odanuda could not tell, at least not with simple empathy but neither would she enter Lauren's mind without permission. Instead, she would pay closer attention to the women's facial responses.

Both twins chuckle at Nex's response both thinking the same thing and from her position, Rudo could see quite clearly, could still hear very well the question that was asked of Hana and the young woman's emotional response. Rudo became quiet, cringing at the Judge's next question.

"Well, yeah! This was the plan pretty much from the get go, when Elise first talked about Hana," Xoloni says, noting his twin sister's sudden silence. He didn't need to ask her what was rolling around within her pretty noggin, he could see it on her face, in her eyes as she stares into the kitchen.

He adjusts himself, standing tightly beside Rudo, watching the situation within the kitchen himself. He managed to catch enough of the judge's question to share the same cringing response as his sister, a question, though hurtful, which needed to be asked.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am

Hana has continued to be uneasy about this 'dark cloud' and it's only made things harder for her in the questioning. She responds to the judge while watching Lauren out of the corner of her eye

"I'm not really sure, I don't know what to do with it... I tried to make things right by helping as many people as I could. I have no money to pay back damaged, and I have no way to go back in time and stop myself..." She looks up at Oda in hopes of some kind of help. Looks back to Joseph "Am... Am I going to jail?" Her eyes are a bit teary at the thought of her adoption turning into a criminal case

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:55 pm