Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

4 posters

The Ranch RP

Blackstar
    Blackstar

The Ranch RP Empty The Ranch RP

Post  Blackstar Sat May 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Here is where the rp is done that just doesn't fit CO places and or environments. Whatever is rp'd here is in effect within CO.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

The Ranch RP Empty Re: The Ranch RP

Post  Blackstar Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Odanuda looks down at Hana, smiling. The young woman clung to her like a young child to a mother and Oda could not help but feel that is exactly how Hana saw this situation. Oda could not help but reciprocate the feeling as she hugged Hana in return. To Oda, it almost felt natural, how it felt with her own children but unlike her own children, Hana had grown up without parents. She had always been there for her children, watched them grow, was proud of all they have accomplished but Hana had never experienced that luxury, that love, the bond of family.

Oda's heart went out to Hana for what she has experienced and though Hana had tried to portray a strong, individualistic, surviving young woman, Oda could sense the child like needs within Hana. Oda is a telepath but she didn't need such powers to know what her mother's instincts were now telling her; Hana was searching, needed, desired and wanted a mother figure within her life. Oda's smile remains steady upon her face as she continues to hold the young woman, her hand gently stroking Hana's hair.

Elise had been the first to meet Hana, then Elise's mother, Angel Star and then a few others with each of them having nothing but good things to say about Hana. Elise, knowing Hana best was the young woman's biggest supporter and when she had finally met Elise's friend first hand, she could not help but agree. After a few discussions with Hana, learning about her, her life and all which has happened to the young woman, Oda knew, had a gut instinct that Hana would fit well with those who call the Ranch home.

When Hana had asked, the decision had been almost immediate within Oda's heart. She was comfortable with the fact of Hana becoming part of the Ranch, part of the family. Oda believed it was a perfect fit.

"So, young woman. I gather you would like to see the Ranch?" Oda teases, a light grin dancing across her face.

AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 pm

*Hana pulls her face up a little shocked, but still happy as could be, looking into Oda's eyes* "are you kidding, i've had my bags packed for weeks!!" *she smiles gently - hoping that she will be accepted despite what she is by all at the home that she wishes to join*
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat May 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Oda chuckles with her usual softness, then moves to stand at Hana's side. She removes her arm from around Hana long enough to press a button the returns to holding the young woman close. She holds her wrist comm closer to her face.

"Are you locked onto us, Wacko?" she queries.

"That's a big ten four, Oda," responds a voice with a strong Russian accent. "Ready when you are?"

Oda looks down to Hana. "Are you ready?"
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sat May 14, 2011 11:33 pm

*even as comforted as she was her expression for the moment that the hug was broken showed just how much she did not enjoy being apart from Oda - she merely nodded at the question - taking back the hug greedily as soon as Oda returned to it*
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Oda smiles down at Hana. "At your leisure, Wacko," she says then drops her arm back to her side. In a brilliant flash of light, the two of them vanish from near the water fountain which sits just on the outskirts of Millennium City's Ren center. A heartbeat later, Oda and Hana reappear on the front yard lawn of the main Ranch house and to a nice little surprise for Hana.

Hana appears to have arrived at a party. There are two long tables arrayed with various types of food ranging from a variety of barbecued meats with other usual picnic items such as potato salads, regular salads of various kinds and many other edible foods. Over near the house stands a couple people, one of them rather large, working away at a very large barbecue, the delicious smells of the various cooking meats wafting up with the rising smoke. Various people are scattered around the table and about the grounds, all turning to smile at Hana when both she and Oda appear.

Hana thinks she has entered a party for someone or something else and believes such until her eyes fall upon a large banner stretched across the awning of the front porch, words written in bold, bright blue letters, "Welcome, Hana!"

Oda smiles down at Hana, gently squeezing the young woman's shoulders. "Welcome to the Ranch, Hana. Oda moves off to stand with the others, waving for Hana to join them.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 pm

*at first hana is just flabbergasted... she stares for a while, her mouth hanging open as her eyes slowly take in every little detail - then she runs after Oda, smiling - all her fears wash away for a bit as she goes to catch up to Oda*
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun May 15, 2011 12:00 am

Hana makes it about halfway to Oda, when she's suddenly mugged from out of nowhere by Elise, causing both to tumble to the ground. Elise is laughing all the way.

This raises a chorus of laughter from the others.

((hana will note, on quick mind count, that there appears to be about 52 people and what else she does notice but which is knocked into the back of her mind because of Elise's tackle is the fact that not one person here appears to be any older than 25.))
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sun May 15, 2011 12:05 am

*Hana can't help but laugh by this tackle as she is usually the one giving them - she attempts to get up, and help Elise get up as well* "Nice to see you too! *still struggling to find words for how she feels about this; Oda can sense insane amounts of happyness from Hana*
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun May 15, 2011 12:19 am

Elise laughs for the few tumbles the two had before Hana rolled free, now offering her assistance as she tried to get up. Elise accepts the help, grinning from ear to ear as the two of them manage to make it to their feet.

"Always nice to see you too," Elise grins, taking and holding Hana in a firm, gentle hug, snickering. "This is what we were stalling you for, Hana," Elise whispers. "I hope you like it?"

Oda stands, watching, enjoying what she's seeing, fully aware of and feeling the strength of Hana's happiness.

"You believe this is the right thing, don't you, Oda," says another woman now moving to stand next to Oda.

"Yes, I do, Marilee," Oda says, smiling briefly to her friend before looking back to Hana and Elise.

"I believe you are correct, Oda," Marilee responds, looking about for a moment at the others. "I think they all do, especially her," Marilee points to Angel Star.

Oda turns her gaze to look upon Angel as well, smiling when she sees the look of happiness and joy within the woman's eyes. Oda could feel the young Star Child filled with powerful emotions while watching her daughter with her oldest daughter, Elise.

Oda simply grins along with Marilee.

"If she becomes any more emotional, I think she just might break down," Marilee chuckles.

Oda joins her friend in that chuckle.

((Hana and Elise are standing and if Hana's ability is always on, she will note the when Marilee steps near Oda, their aura becomes one and glows brightly.))
    The Spirits
    Admin

Post  The Spirits Sun May 15, 2011 2:05 am

Jacob was just sitting on one of his clouds over the house just relaxing. He turns his head to Darkken who is just sitting on his shoulder. “Kinda interesting how home here is the ONLY place we really get to relax huh?” Darkken gives Jacob a light peck. “I’m gonna translate that to glad to be home for the welcoming party.” Jacob is about to react when he sees people starting to arrive. Both him and Darkken observe the exchange that occurs then see the new arrival get tackled by Elise, they can’t help but chuckle.

Jacob lowers his cloud behind the house slowly then steps off.“Don’t think I have to tell you not to freak out the new person. Specially a cute one with nice...fox ears. Oh and she seems a little on the slightly scared side. Talking ravens could spook her.” Darkken flutters off of Jacob’s shoulder and a little ahead of him. “Whatever you say old man.” Darkken says with a chuckle. Jacob also smiles as he makes his way briskly to the front of the house, not wanting to miss the party for anything.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sun May 15, 2011 1:30 pm

*Hana takes the hug happily, her gaze goes over every person present. She waits as jacob comes to join, and then breaks the hug long enough to give her common greating. She preforms her japanese bow keeping her legs straight, and bending at the waist. Her right hand in a fist placed in her left hands palm both up front of her face - speaking in a loud voice as if to try and make sure everybody hears her* "As you all know my name is Hana, or flower in Japanese, or you can call me Hoqui as Elise has named me, it is a pleasure to meet all of you!" *then she takes back the hug that Elise offered, and goes to great her new family*

*She starts by walking with Elise to Oda, and Angel thanking them for everything that they have done with a shy nod - still a bit over overwhelmed by everything, and struggling to find words* "This is... amazing... I really don't know what to say... It's... very kind of you to all to go through all this for me"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun May 15, 2011 4:58 pm

"It is a pleasure to have you, Hana," Oda says then smiles. "Or should I say, Hoqui," she chuckles.

Angel bends down, planting a gentle kiss upon Hana's head. "This is what is done for family Hana," Angel says, looking upon Hana with gentle eyes. "Welcome home!"

"Yeah, welcome to the family," Nahani adds, giving Hana a punch in the arm followed by a playful grin as she passes by.

Elise snickers as she takes Hana's hand. "Come on, I'm hungry, let's sit down and eat," she says, dragging Hana along to a couple seats half way down the first table.

Others begin to take places at the tables, filling up quickly. Silvermoon, in his human form and Brandon remain at the barbeque as everyone else sits, all becoming silent as Oda moves part way down between the two tables. From there, she begins to speak in her native Iroquoian tongue, a prayer of thanks to all the spirits. Once she is finished, the sounds of the Ranch vanish beneath the noise of everyone talking.

Having taken the two seats to the right of Angel, Elise fills her plate with food. She glances over at Hana, giving her a lopsided grin. "Eat up, Hana! There's a lot of food here, so feel free to dig in," Elise giggles. "There is yet another surprise for you when the meal is done," she adds with a playful poke of Hana's side. "I think you'll like the surprise."

She turns her attention to her plate, picks up a burger and hungrily attacks it. Three of five family dogs patrol the tables watching out for any offerings which make it to the ground; be it on purpose or by accident.

((Oh! Forgot to mention that the moment Hana entered Ranch property, she's had what could be equated as a "feel good" feeling and despite all the activity, there is the undeniable sensation, notion that there is a sense of peace and tranquility about this place.))
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 pm

((yeah if you noticed she never frowned when those hugs were broken after she came by the ranch Wink you had told me in game a couple times ))

Hana blushes at the kiss, a little surprised, but happy to receive one

She follows Elise to the table... she takes a seat, and listens closely to prayer though finding it impossible to translate. When Elise tells her to eat up she nods, and scans the table, taking one of everything that she believes would taste good, especially picking out foods she has never tried. Normally she would be embarrased in such a situation, but her fears of being denied due to what she is have faded, and her picking out food is obviously not for sustinance, but rather taste

She smiles at Elise as she begins to partake in the yummy delacasies that she could manage to fill her first plate with
    The Spirits
    Admin

Post  The Spirits Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Darkken gives the table a quick fly over, looking for spare seats. Finding one relatively close to where Jacob is coming from he lands and perches on the back, flitting his wings to signal he found a spot for Jacob to sit at. ‘Bird chews me outs then scopes out a spot for me. Gives me a head ache sometimes.’ Jacob thinks to himself. “Everything looks amazing!” Jacob says as he makes his way to his spot at the table, dodging the dogs going along the table as he does so. Darkken holds steady as Jacob pulls his chair out and sits in it. Jacob gives the table his own once over and smiles, as he remembers his first day on The Ranch, hoping Hana was having as much fun and is having as much fun as he did. He gives light nods and waves at everybody as he gets comfy at the table. Darkken hops from the back of the chair to Jacobs shoulder, leans in closer and whispers “Now is when you welcome Hana to The Ra-“ Darkken is cut off as Jacob shoves a fry in his mouth. “Welcome Hana, glad to have ya!” Jacob says happily, masking the fact that he was slightly prompted by Darkken.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Sun May 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Hana's cat-like ears twitch as the bird speaks, she gives a shy smile to both "Hello, it is very nice to meet you *she gives a japanese bow trying not to look silly* and you as well *directing a second bow to the bird* This is a truly amazing party, i thank every one for all the work they put into welcoming me here, and hope to get to know all of you very soon... " she tries not to look silly as she eats some of the food she picked out, but her fangs make it difficult at best

She keeps a few napkins by her side incase she comes across something messy, and gets some milk to drink (which has become her favorite non-sustinance drink now Razz ) her little uncontrolable purring seems to start again even though nobody is petting her.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 16, 2011 12:32 pm

The tables are alive with activity, everyone gabbing, talking and yapping about something. Some are talking about school, others talking about relationships, the latest movies while the adults talk about the latest news, most recent gossip and so on. A complete hive of activity while for two people, this family get together, this welcoming of a new person into the fold is actually a good opportunity to discuss certain things but they do so within their minds.

Across the table from Hana sits a trio of triplets all watching Hana, grinning and conversing amongst themselves as they watch her. Their words are low and softly spoken, yet still sounds more like various types of growling. Though each of them looks human and female, there is a distinct feline appearance about them, their eyes very cat like and the biggest tell tale signs are the light stripes adorning the outside of their faces, running down their necks, much like a tiger. Each one seems to be just a shade color different than the other; one being a shade of white, one verging on yellow while another seems to have color of an orange peel.

Each of them has long, wild hair and along with their eyes, much the color each of them are. Their teeth are more animal like, their fingernails longer than normal humans and again, their cuticles being a faded color of their bodies.

Elise giggles and nudges Hana. "I think you're developing a fan club," she says nodding her head in the direction of the triplets. She grabs her glass full of ice cold lemonade, taking a long draw then setting it back down, looking to Hana.

"You'll have your hands full with them," she says after swallowing her lemonade.

Angel, sitting on the other side of Elise, glances over to the triplets then to Elise and Hana. She offers up a simple, humorous smile to her daughter's words.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm

finding it impossible to bow again without looking silly now that she is seated she merely gives the trio a wave... a light giggle toward Elises comment can't help but escape her

She thinks to say something, but does not... smiling as she eats a bit more, she seems to be favoring meats, especially hot dogs. Her eyes glance over the two tables taking in the appearance of the fifty two present (not sure if jacob was counted among those or not, but if not fifty three) her eyes trail back to the tripletes still smiling as she does so

She seems to be curious about everybody present, but she tries not to bother people with questions just yet as she hasn't even really managed to greet most of them. She glances to Elise... "You'll have to give me proper introductions later" *giggles gently* returning to her food but still studying people as they talk

((did not actually think to mention how Hana looks at the moment; upon entering the ranch she was in a very nice little one piece oufit with a short skirt attached to what appears to be a corsette, the blouse coming out from under it but still attached has a lovely rose pattern, while the short skirt has what appears to be a pattern of thorny stems. It has puffed sleaves as you would expect on a ball gown with lace leading from her shoulders to her wrists opening out in little cuffs - she is wearing prayer beads, and three little green vials on her right upper arm (and does on pretty much all her outfits) - her feet are in a sort of wrap that opens up around her ankle as to allow her to walk bare foot, and her nails are short claws, both on feet, and hands. Her hair is almost silver, and sleek, but the fur on her ears, and tail is like a pink to white gradiant. Her right eye is hidden by how her hair is parted on the left, but her left eye is slit like a cats with a slight bit of pink in the center leading out to a blood red (her right is the same) the features of her face are child like, but she has the vampire fangs giving an odd sense to it))
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Elise nods in response to Hana's question, busy downing the rest of a burger followed by a couple of big gulps from a glass full of ice cold lemonade.

The triplets continue to talk and gawk but eventually turn their attention elsewhere but not out of rudeness, simply out of courtesy, allowing Hana some time to adjust. They did, however continue to amuse Hana with their antics as they teased each other about boys, who could do what, who was faster, quicker amongst many other things, but that appeared to be the norm up and down the table.

Time passed, food was eaten up and the sun moved further across the sky, heading for the evening horizon. A number of hours had passed as people enjoyed the picnic,t he excitement slowing down to simple conversations of whatever came to mind. Soon, the sound of the ranch took hold of the area again as horses could be heard neighing and nickering from the barn and from various other nearby fields. Eventually, people moved here and there while some remained sitting at the picnic tables. A bunch of the younger generation of the ranch move off to the nearby corral, simply to hang out and gab.

Elise gets up, kisses her mother on the cheek, waves to her father still over by the barbecue then tugs on Hana's arm, nodding her head in the direction of the corral.

"Come on, Hana. Let's go hang," she insists, smiling. "I can intro you to the rest of my bratty siblings and some of the other extended family members. I would have introduced you earlier, but mom, Oda and a few others figured it would be better to do it this way," Elise explains, still tugging on Hana's hand. "We just didn't want to overwhelm you," she adds with soft chuckle.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Mon May 16, 2011 11:02 pm

She nods "just excuse me one moment" walking out of sight for a minute she returns tossing a small black pack. Going over to hug angel and Oda she comes back and takes Elise's hand, allowing her to lead as they head in the direction of the corral

Her eyes glance over the remains of the tables, a little embarrased about how much she ate. She listens closely to the sounds of the ranch, showing a bit of interest in the sounds of horses especially, but doesn't speak of them yet. She realizes how much time has passed, and is a little surprised, but happy with the fun that she has had so far.

"well then... shall we?"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Elise smiles as she takes Hana's hand again and leads her the short distance to the corral where many of the other teens are now hanging out; some sitting on the fence, some leaning, some sitting upon the ground. As Elise and Hana approach, all conversations come to a halt, all eyes turning to look at Hana.

((On quick count, Hana sees five guys and about thirteen females. Each and everyone of is of various sizes, shapes and color but all are decent to good looking. The lads are average to hunky looking while the young ladies are average to well shaped but all are in excellent physical condition, with most of them looking athletic.))
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 am

Hana finds herself just a little flustered by the fact that they all stopped when she approached, she blushes as their gazes go over her. She thinks to greet the men first, but instead stops her self and looks at Elise, half expecting there to be some manner or order that Elise was going to introduce her in. Her gaze goes over each person, she can't help but notice the appealing figures of the women, and muscle of the men. Her gaze studies the indavidual aspects of their outfits noting key ways to tell each person apart.

She seems to spend more time studying the women then the men, but she stops herself with what can only be explained as a mental smack. She follows Elise's lead in the greetings, trying not to look like a fool as she does so.

((and of course i'm making it so hard for her Twisted Evil ))
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue May 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Each of them knew that Hana was feeling a bit uncomfortable and a bit overwhelmed. Why not? They each knew what their family was like, each had heard a little bit about Hana, directly and via the odd eavesdropping, all knowing how they might probably feel in the same situation. All of the new gen got together a few days ago, talking and planning how to help Hana feel comfortable, help her adjust to what would probably be a new life for her. After some discussion and numerous ideas, Elise had simply suggested that they simply remain who they are. No more, no less and everyone had agreed to this. All would do what they could to help Hana feel welcomed, comfortable and at home.

Once Elise and Hana were standing near them, smiles broke out amongst the eighteen teens ranging from seventeen to twenty years of age. All of them smile as Elise gears up to introduce the lot of them, the place Hana would come to call home.

"Now where to begin," Elise snickers, trying to decide on the order of introductions to which she simply shrugs, directing Hana's attention to the triplets.

"Let's start with the triplets," Elise points to them. "Them you have kinda met already and though they may be triplets in every aspect, they are easy to tell apart because of their different colors. The first one, the oldest by a few minutes is Asha." She points to the dark colored Asha. "The second one," she points to the white furred young woman, "is Kanta and the last one, the trouble maker," Elise chuckles as she points out the third one, whose fur is on the orange side.

"Am not a trouble maker," quips Trishna. "It's everyone else who just follows me."

Everyone has a good chuckle over that comment.

"That's Trishna, Hana and don't believe her one minute," Elise grins. "Now, for my bratty siblings." Elise directs Hana's attention to a group of four teens which, like Elise have strong resemblances to Angel Star, their mother. She introduces you to the fraternal twins; Amets, who is the male and Keta, then her sister Noquisi and then to a rather dashing, athletic male, Adam. The four of them acknowledge Hana with smiles and greetings.

Elise then runs down the rest, introducing you to Oda's twin daughters; Nayeli and Paloma, Marilee's daughter, Nahani, which Hana has already met once. Next are two ruggedly good looking lads with short hair done up in dreadlocks, light chocolate colored skin, Tanor and Brennan. The fifth young lad is average looking with out of control hair but brilliant blue eyes whom Elise introduces as Gareth. She points out Meena who Hana has also met but the last young lady Elise points out would be classified as stunningly beautiful by any standard.

Her skin is darkly tanned an indication of her native heritage, long, raven colored hair flows gracefully about her shoulders to the middle of her back. Her eyes are dark brown, her body well shaped and very curvy, yet athletic. Her face is beautiful with full, firm lips. She blushes softly as Elise directs Hana's attention to her.

"And that is Sacnite and she is probably the most beautiful young lady on this property," Elise says, smiling. "Her name is Mayan for, White Flower."

Sacnite blushes from the praise given to her by Elise, giving her a thankful smile. She turns her shy, beautiful eyes upon Hana.

"It is very good to meet you, Hana, finally," she says shyly with a slight but graceful nod of her head. "Elise has told us a lot about you and we are glad to have you here." The others either speak or nod their agreements.

"And just think, these are only part of the family that lives here," Elise chuckles. "There are soooo many more to meet but we'll leave that for now. You can do a catch up later."

Each of the others take their turn giving a brief but warm, courteous greeting to Hana, each of them welcoming her to the Ranch.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Tue May 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Hana smiles, greeting each person with a japanese bow as they go through the introductions. Her face shows that she is calming down once more, becoming more comfortable with the situation.

She especially pays attention to the introduction with Sacnite, though the beauty of the lady does seem to attract her... the meaning of the name hits a cord of memory. The name she held the day of Miyuki's death (as Elise should know Razz ) being 'white rose' seems to run over her mind. She pulls herself out of the loop of memory, a tear running down her cheek. She wipes it away and bows to Sacnite "it is a pleasure to meet you *switching to a voice for all* I hope to get to know all of you in time. Thank you very much for accepting me into your home"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 3:34 am

Sacnite returns Hana's bow with a shy smile. She and a few others do note wiping of the eye while others, it they did notice, pay it no attention. Each of them smile in response to Hana's appreciation of the situation.

"I believe you will find this a wonderful situation that you are in, Hana and the surprises are not quite finished," she smiles, lazily pointing to Oda and Angel coming their way.

Elise notes the approach of her mother and Oda, her excitement level building. She looks to Hana, a huge grin on her face. She had never been anything but an open book to Hana, nothing but honest to her new friend but now, her mind seemed oddly off limits.

((Hana can tell something is up but whatever it may be, its a good something.))

Angel and Oda stop a few feet from Hana. "There is something we wish to discuss with you, Hana," Oda says, a warm smile on her face."

"If you wish, Hana," Angel adds, stepping slightly to the side raising her arm in invitation to the house.

Elise's other siblings move to stand near Elise and Hana, each of them giving off a tell tale smirk which seems to have the other teens smiling, some looking at others, some looking away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:16 pm