Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

4 posters

The Ranch RP

Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

The Ranch RP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ranch RP

Post  Nex Noctis Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 am

Victor noted the twins sudden silence, and he too fell silent with them, for he had also heard the judges question.

He frowned slightly. "And speaking of rough stuff..." Victor said quietly.

He reached up and removed his circular, black tinted glasses, revealing his glazed over blind eyes. Without words, he motions with his hands, head and eyes a general Should we stay or go? question.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Judge Joseph gives Hana a small smile. "Well, I don't know, really, Hana. There are no limitations to when one can be charged for a criminal offense and let's face it, Hana. Right or wrong, justified or not, you are guilty of a number of criminal acts," he explains. "You caused a lot of damage and by some great miracle, no lives were lost in your rampage but something has to be done, Hana. Its not fair to all those who you put out of homes, or to those who lost their jobs." He pauses for a moment, looking to his lap where his own laptop sits. He plunks away for a few moments, an uncomfortable silence settling within the kitchen.

Oda glances to Angel and Brandon then to Hana then over to the judge, a look of barely perceivable worry in her eyes. She adjusts how she is sitting, recrossing her legs. "Your honor? I know...." she begins, but is cut off by a raised hand from Joseph.

"I know what you're going to say, Oda but please, let me speak," he asks.

Oda nods, turning her attention back to Hana. She had noted the look upon Hana's face, the silent request for whatever help Oda could offer, but at this moment, the situation lay squarely within the hands of the judge. She can nothing but unsettling quiet from behind her, where Angel and Brandon's kids now stand.

"Now, according to the reports and follow up investigation by the police, not much was found. No evidence, according to them which could could connect the situation to you, Hana. Another thing, miracle of miracles, was the fact that the media could not get a clear cut view of who was tearing apart the city," he pauses, a small chuckle coming from him. "I guess it could be compared to sightings of Big Foot and the Lochness monster." He looks directly at Hana, giving a wry smirk.

"What I'm saying is this, aside from what is not known, there are groups and organizations which do go above and beyond that of normal investigative procedures. Those who have, shall we say, unique talents and special ways to track," his eyes smile as he looks at Hana, "a mysterious being who is part fox, part cat and part human. Suffice it to say, very few people can move about, especially meta beings without at least someone else knowing of them."

He suddenly closes his laptop, steeples his hands just beneath his chin, looking to Lauren, the representative for Children and Meta Children's Services. "No criminal charges will be brought forth, Lauren. This case is closed, from that stand point anyway."

The pause on the keyboard is quite audible, catching everyone's attention. Lauren sits there, quiet, still, angered at what she has just heard. She contains it and continues on with her work.

Oda and the others had dealt with Judge Joseph on various other situations and have always known him to be a fair and honorable man but Angel, Brandon and Oda knew that agreements had been made, decisions rendered before he even appeared for this situation. They knew there would be a price tag but they had known that and would be willing to pay, whatever the cost, to give Hana a home and family.

"Knowing that you know this already, Odanuda, we will discuss the terms of this situation later. With that situation from the past dealt with, this is simply about the adoption now. Hana, no matter what anyone says, cannot be held accountable for what she did in the past. Who could do such a thing to an eleven year old, anyway," he explains. "Once you're finished, Lauren, I will legalize it with my signature and thumb print."

Murmurs of relief come from Elise and her siblings, while smiles are given to Hana by Angel, Oda and Brandon. The only person who did not appear happy or even remotely satisfied with the outcome was Lauren. As usual, the ever used "over the head" tactic had been used by others and the proper order of things completely ignored. She made a mental note to lodge a complaint with her superiors later.

Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Nex Noctis wrote:Victor noted the twins sudden silence, and he too fell silent with them, for he had also heard the judges question.

He reached up and removed his circular, black tinted glasses, revealing his glazed over blind eyes. Without words, he motions with his hands, head and eyes a general Should we stay or go? question.

Both Xoloni and Rudo hang on every word the Judge speaks, both going through a variety of emotions within those few minutes. Finally when he gets to the part about comparing Hana to Bigfoot and the Lochness monster, they both smile. They could tell by his words, his look and previous knowledge that things were going to work out. They both turn to face Nex.

Neither had noticed Nex motioning with his hands, to engrossed with the situation in the kitchen, but they now see him standing there, with an odd look. Both of them snicker.

"I think I know that look," Rudo teases, "but I think we should move elsewhere."

The twins snicker knowing they were about to get another odd look from Nex for being smart asses.

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue May 31, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 pm

As the Judge speaks Hana becomes more and more afraid again. . . becoming lost in fear, the laptop snaps her back to the room. Hana's is visibly lifted when the judge says the case is closed, an enormous weight seems to fall off her shoulders as she sits up again. Her smile falls however when he says 'from this standpoint' fearing more will come, but it is a weak enough fear to be swept away by the calming feeling of the Ranch. She smiles to Oda, and notes Lauren's pause. . . she ignores it however - just wanting this trail, or adoption, or what ever to end. . . With a new mother, and a new family
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Blackstar wrote:
    Nex Noctis wrote:Victor noted the twins sudden silence, and he too fell silent with them, for he had also heard the judges question.

Both Xoloni and Rudo hang on every word the Judge speaks, both going through a variety of emotions within those few minutes. Finally when he gets to the part about comparing Hana to Bigfoot and the Lochness monster, they both smile. They could tell by his words, his look and previous knowledge that things were going to work out. They both turn to face Nex.

Neither had noticed Nex motioning with his hands, to engrossed with the situation in the kitchen, but they now see him standing there, with an odd look. Both of them snicker.

"I think I know that look," Rudo teases, "but I think we should move elsewhere."

The twins snicker knowing they were about to get another odd look from Nex for being smart asses.

Victor smiled as he overheard the judge. His smile continued to grow as he felt the mental weight or worry disappear.

"Well it sounds like everything's gonna be ok...that's good" he said, still smiling. he then turned to address the twins comments and snickering.

He turned his head over to Rudo's general direction, then raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Wait...were you guys being sarcastic?" Victor smiled. "I think you were considering all the laughing your doing" he said, beginning to break into a chuckle of his own.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm

"The work is finished and the document just needs you approval, your honor," Lauren pipes up, hitting enter, sending the finished documentation to the judge's computer.

Everyone waits in silence as the judge peruses the documentation, checking only the pertinent details. He looks up and smiles. "All seems to in order and I don't see any reason why this should be held up any longer," he says.

He looks towards Hana. "I have only one question, Hana. Because once I sign and verify this, the only way to rescind this adoption is by taking it back through family court again" His face becomes soft, the aged lines of his face making his smile more pronounced looking.

"Do you wish for Angel and Brandon to become your adoptive parents, Hana, to become part of their family?" Judge Joseph asks.

Everyone turns to look at Hana, each smiling in their own way, Angel of course, giving Hana a warm, comforting squeeze. Elise, of course, is simply grinning from ear to ear, her head bobbing up and down in silent encouragement like a dashboard bobble head.

The twins simply toss a chuckle and teasing look Victor's way as they turn and make their way towards the front door, passing through it seconds later out into a warm, summer evening, the fading light of day painting the horizon in colors of yellows, reds and burnt orange.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Hana pipes a hefty "Yes" before everybody can even look at her, she hopped on that question about as fast as it took to realize what it was. She looks at Elise and smiles, then to Oda, and Angel - not the slightest doubt in her eyes. She finally looks to brandon "I look forward to playing soccer with you Daddy" Gives a large smile

Looking back to Angel Smiling largely obviously considering ALL the things they could do together as well - a low purr resonates from her as she day dreams
    Nex Noctis
    Nex Noctis

Post  Nex Noctis Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

It took Victor a few seconds to realize that the twins had left, and weren't coming back.

He sighed and muttered to himself. "Guess they weren't being sarcastic after all..."

Victor sighed again and began to follow the twins, honing in on their fading voices. Just as he realized how surprised he hadn't hit anything yet - he walked into the door frame.

"Ah! Really..." Victor cried, rubbing his nose. He took a step back then flashed his suit on.

"...better." Nex said, then he quickly followed the twins outside, into the sunset.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 pm

OOC I will post sometime tomorrow, okies.. and "Hiya" Andrew..hehe
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 pm

The kitchen fills with idle chit chat, Elise having crept her way over behind Hana to whisper words of congratulations and the one word she knew Hana would love to hear, being called a sister. Angel, Oda and Brandon each took turns answering boring, needed questions to which Lauren needed answers to fill out all that needed to be filled out. Keta and her fraternal brother along with Noquisi and Adam stayed where they were but they were talking quietly amongst themselves, grinning towards Hana every now and again. It is quite apparent that they up to something sneaky, mischievous and playful to welcome Hana to the family.

Oda knew, she couldn't help but pick up on their thoughts which caused her to let slip a snicker as Lauren asked her a question. That promptly garnered Oda a stern stare from the woman which Oda answers with a sweet, apologetic smile which causes Lauren to scowl deeper in response.

Through it all, Hana could not help but feel the electric charge of excitement within the room, the contained, restrained feelings of happy emotions waiting to burst forth like a backed up dam. Finally, Lauren informs everyone that she is finished to which she passes the finger print device to Brandon and Angel, informing the judge to apply his print as well. Once that is done, she turns to Hana, a rather less than impressed look upon her face.

"The last thing which I need to know, young lady, is do you wish to take on the last name of Star-Daganogeda as is or if you wish to add your own last name to that equation as well. Of course, that is incumbent upon you remembering your last name?" she queries in a monotone manner.

Elise's hand slips quietly and quickly into Hana's, warm fingers closing gently about her hand.

The twins only make it a short distance from the front door when Rudo turns suddenly about, to look back, having just heard Nex knock his head on the door frame.

"I'm soooo sorry, about that Nex. Please forgive us," she says the tone of her words very apologetic. "That was silly of me to be so forgetful."

"Yeah, what she said," Xoloni adds "Sorry bout that dude."

All about can be heard talking, cries of fun, playful taunts and other sounds of activity, the beginning of evening leisure time on the Ranch.
    AndrewRashi
    AndrewRashi

Post  AndrewRashi Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Hana's hand squeezes Elise's tight as she let's the idea of having last name sink in. She stares at lauren completely lost when she realizes that she has a last name already. "What is I- No, never mind... I don't need a memory of my past I'd like to just be a daganogeda thanks"

She says this with a bit of guilt still in her eyes - However it quickly fades as she practically jumps her new sister, and pulls her new mother into the hug. Overwhelmed with happiness she doesn't even notice the scowl from the social worker. She seems to half expect a group hug, but realizes it's not over YET

(Used phone so had to keep short sorry)
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:04 pm

(OOC: This thread and situation has officially ended. Its a shame, but sometimes stuff happens. Anyway, its back to the "really good" stuff.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm