Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

4 posters

The Road to Peace- RP

pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

The Road to Peace- RP - Page 2 Empty Re: The Road to Peace- RP

Post  pyriel32 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am

Having just fallen asleep Sam flies out of the bed and on the floor when the attack happens. Opening his eyes Sam sees a large light fixture from the ceiling of his cabin break free and starts to fall on top of him. Rolling out of the way just in time the fixture smashes into jagged shards. Sam grabs his cloths and scrambles to get them on. Thinking to himself, man that’s the fasted I have ever gotten dressed. Even when that General came home early and I had to run out of his wife’s bedroom. Snapping out of his thoughts, over the Klaxons Sam hears Mally’s Voice yelling for him and Esteban to move their asses. After getting though his broken door Sam joins Mally in the hall. What’s the situation Boss Lady?
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Esteban Warisaro feels the ship lurch from under him as he slept, causing him to sharply wake up.
    He then heard Malley, yell that he was needed; hauling himself out of bed he pulled on some clothes and grabbed, his weapons he had stashed away and ran out into the corridor.

"I'm used to sunden attacks but this is the first one I have had in space, any idea as to whats going on".
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 am

Malley continues to watch the activity about her, hearing but not responding, at this time, to Samuel's query upon his arrival. Moments later, amidst the ship rocking from another impact, Esteban shows up asking pretty much the same question as Samuel. She looks back to both.

"I have no clue what's going on, guys and I'm not sure what to do but I think, maybe, we should head to the bridge," Malley says and is about to continue when she spots Esteban's weapon. She glances up at him and the look in her eyes leaves no question as to her opinion.

Through the din of noise, another klaxon sounds off.

Manis Corusk and the crew of the Legion of Shadow's ship, Shadow Blade, continue to watch the situation unfold before them. The Arcellum ship is quickly closing the distance to the Pratoran warship and it was clear by the approach pattern that the Arecellum's had every intention of boarding the opposing ship.

Manis knew his mission, why he was here; to stop the peace delegation from ever arriving at the Arcellum home world, a tough situation which was now made so much easier by the arrival of the Arcellum war ship. He knew his crew and knew no words were needed to explain how the situation would be handled; let two enemies beat themselves until defenseless and then simply clean up. It mattered little if the peace delegation survived the initial assault or not, they would not survive the follow up.

Some days, he very much loved his work.

Kar'thak Kort barked orders, his officers and personnel responding quickly and efficiently to his commands. His ship, the Long Fang had been taken by surprise and so close had the enemy ship jumped in on them, there was no time to fire any weapons let alone erect a force field. His crew was good and efficient and all knew their tasks. They would simply have to ride it out.

"They are launching boarding shuttles sir," informs the tactical officer.

He simply nods at him, glancing back to his Chief Security officer, who nods and heads off the bridge. Tarnak Crix, in his opinion, was the best Security officer in the entire Pratoran fleet and she would give the crew and ship their best chance of survival.

"Have you verified that its an Arcellum war ship," he demands, his eyes coming to rest upon his science officer off to his left.

"No deception, no trickery, its signal registers as an Arcellum war cruiser, Penser class. It's the ship the Arcellum government reported having gone rogue, sir, the Ria Erta.

Kar'thak glares towards the view screen, only a large portion of the hull viewable due to its close proximity. His eyes narrow as he steeples his clawed hands gently beneath his chin.

"I was expecting a few possibilities to this little journey, but this was not one of them," he muses openly.

"What about our guests," queries the science officer. "Shall I send a security team to their quarters.

Kar'thak continues to muse for a few seconds before responding. "They are on their own," he states, quickly raising a hand to the question he knew his science officer would ask. "According to the information I've read over, they are soldiers, some of Earth's best and meta beings of some power as well. Let their skills, let their honor and courage be tested. I know not who they are save what I have read but if they survive this," his reptilian eyes narrow, "then they will have earned my respect and will be treated as warriors. If they fail....." he leaves his final words hanging.

"Sound the boarding klaxons," Kar'thak commands as he suddenly bolts from his command seat, heading for the door almost knocking down his first officer who manages to just nimbly avoid the situation. Just before Kar'thak passes through the door, he spins on his clawed feet.

"You have the bridge, Rurak! I'm off to aid my soldiers in repelling the enemy boarders. Let us hope we can hold out till our surprise arrives," he nods knowingly to his comm officer. He quickly raises his left arm, closing his fist over his head. "For courage!" he shouts.

"For honor and glory," the bridge crew shout in response.

Kar'thak quickly turns and exits the bridge, leaving Rurak in command, he taking his seat in the command chair.

Boarding klaxons sounds throughout the ship.

A hyper space portal opens, engines flash to life and begin to slowly push a large ship through the portal into the murky depths of hyper space.

pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Sam looks back to Estaban, Are you crazy put that away , your going to get us all killed . Feeling the ship rock under his feet Sam looks down at the red shirt he was . Damn it I I knew i shouldn't have brought this shirt.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Esteban Warisaro pauses for a moment looking and feeling a little silly and he holsters his pistol, tucking it into the waitband of his trousers.

"Sorry about that I thought something had seriously gone bad".

He then feels the ship shudder violently and hears warning sirens go off and so says "I take back what I just said"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:25 am

"Something has gone wrong, Esteban," Malley scowls, "but that is not what I'm referring to. For now, keep that weapon out of sight and hopefully..." Her words hang for a moment, allowing Esteban a moment to realize "just" what she was talking about. "There will be a time after this to deal with your minor infraction."

A loud explosion echoes down the hall ending any further words by Malley. Just down the hall is a T-junction now filled with energy fire from both directions. The trio watch for a moment as two Pratorans appear in the T-junction, moving and firing only to be brought down by a heavy hail of opposing energy fire. They are dead before they hit the ground. A mere moment after that,into the junction step four aggressors, two of them look the trio's way, leveling their weapons as they shout, in a language Malley has only recently learned, orders for the trio to surrender.

"This can't be," she says, glancing to her companions, a look of shock in her eyes. "The Arcellum are the aggressors and we're being ordered to surrender."

Malley subtly raises her shield to a defensive posture!

The enemy is approaching you, fingers on triggers but are currently only ordering.

**Okies, the group has not been together that long to know the little nuances of each other, so I'll need some stone movement to note her subtle action. So pretend like you have a number of stones (based on your durability X 3) sitting in front of you. The number represents the number of energy stones you have available. To note her action, you'll need...

Black Ops; 5-7 stones to note said action (it could be five, could be seven, who knows. Its up to you to decide how many stones.)

...This is the first part of the situation.

pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 pm

(5w) Sam notices Mally start to raise her shield and prepairs to duck.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Esteban Warisaro has no intention of surrendering but before decides on taking any aggressive action, he moves around behind Malley but steps out a little to her left.

He then speaks to the Arcellum soldiers saying "We are a diplomatic delegation from earth, we are here to bring peace between The Arcellum and the Praetorian peoples".

"Your act of aggression has no merit hear, we wish you no harm but we will not surrender, so if you force our hand we will retaliate".

{I put 5 stones into Persuasion}
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 am

(Neither Sam or Esteban notice Malley's sly shield movement. To notice it, one needed 7stones in Black-ops but that point is moot now as Esteban's movement has been viewed as an aggressive act.

"What are you doing, Esteban," Malley hisses and is the only thing she says as she goes into a defensive stance, her shield coming into play.

- 6 stones into close combat then to defense
    - 4 free stones from shield into defense
    - 10 stone defense before mods.
    - 12 energy stones remain

"We know who you are," one of the soldiers responds in a hostile voice, "and for THAT reason, you will die."

Their intent is quite clear in their forward advance, both train their weapons on Esteban.

Arcellum soldiers
    - 8 stones into ranged combat
    - 4 free stones from targeting
    - 4 stones from energy weapon

- 16 stones total attack
    - 4 energy stones remain

OOC: Okay, assign your stones and make sure to abide by your action limits plus any appropriate modifiers listed with such action. Any questions, feel free to ask. Oh and the stones used previously, you get back as this is now the start of a new round.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 pm

(OOC not sure if Im doing this right or how many stones to spend)

I pick the skill Black Ops and the modifiers Reflexive Dodge and Physical invulnerability
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

OOC No worries Hogg. Remember, modifiers are not classified as skills and are therefore more often than not, always active. So Reflexive dodge and toughness are always active. Reflex represents something like spider man while toughness represents the type of skin, defence, etc. one may have. Your skills are your active abilities as to what you can and cannot do in any given situation. So, in the current situation, you would move stones from your energy into close combat and keep them there to go on the offensive or move them or any number of them into defense to turtle up, so to speak.

So, one has to declare which action, or what they are doing and then moving the appropriate number of stones, as you can see in the actions of the Arcellum soldiers.

If you still have any questions, the next time we're on, just give me a dingle, Hogg, okies..
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Esteban Warisaro studies The Arcellum soldiers for a moment before deciding what he's going to do, which is drawn his side arm and do his utmost best to avoid getting shot.

He prepares to dodge any weapons fire from the enemy soldiers and then make his move, which is to try and get up close within point blank range of one of the soldiers and fire his gun into the head of one of them.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 am

Sam,knowing that he had no weapons or armor as soon as Esteban made his move, he drops to the ground and lays flat.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

OOC; Do remember that these are veteran soldiers coming at ya..

Both Arcellum soldiers open fire on Esteban. Bluish white energy spits forth from their weapons, one of them on target as it flashes towards Esteban, the second shot slamming into the ceiling. Malley had quickly moved onto the offense and with the two soldiers quickly closing the gap between her and her companions, her two quick steps forward were done with purpose.

A dull clang rose from her solid contact with her opponent, slamming shield and shoulder first into him causing him to stagger back, his shot going wild.

"Do something besides laying on the ground, Sam," she shouts as she presses her attack upon her opponent.

Sounds of battle, can be heard coming from all directions. Two more soldiers now enter the hallway, see the situation and are now moving forward, weapons at the ready.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 am

Sam sees the situation going on with Mally, and stands up and rushes at the soldier that Mally is blocking with her shield. Reaching up he grabs the soldier’s wrist and twists trying to get him to drop the gun.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 am

Esteban just sees the bluish white energy, from the first Arcellum soldier miss him but then he feels the second blast impact with his chest.

The shot brought twisting sideways and forward, sending him falling to the floor.

He knew his enhanced healing and physical endurance; was keeping him alive, yet he knew if he weren't a Meta Being he would have been dead, nevertheless it hurt like hell.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:38 am

Malley steps beyond Samuel and the soldier he is now struggling with in an effort to deal with the two new soldiers having just arrived. Her movement catches their attention both aiming their energy weapons at her.

She had seen Esteban go down but she knew full well and was confident that he could deal with his Arcellum opponent, of that, she had no doubt. Samuel would be only a moment containing his opponent. Her first action of slamming into the soldier had knocked him off balance, giving Samuel his opportunity to step in and do his thing. This left the two new Arcellum soldiers now on scene.

They fired, Malley defended, the two shots ricocheting of her shield in two random directions. She charges them!

OOC: Okies, James, Esteban is in an inferior position and the soldier is getting ready to fire again. Samuel can remove the weapon from his opponent somewhat easily as the soldier is currently off balance. The combat round is about 10 seconds long, so be creative but stay within that limit..
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am

Sam contienues to twist the soldier’s wrist untill the muzzle of the weapon is pointed at it’s head and squeezes the trigger. A flash of energy strikes the soldier in the head.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Esteban Warisaro lay on the floor; he yelled out in pain, gritting his teeth he then, raised himself up slightly and fired his energy pistol twice targeting the unengaged Arcellum soldier.

Three thin red lasts of energy switched through the air towards the Arcellum soldier's right knee and below down the leg.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:42 pm

OOC: heya boys! Just a head's up here about the Arcellum soldiers. They are, at this moment, veteran soldiers so please treat them as such. The situation with our three characters caught them somewhat off guard but that's it. they have been at war with their counter parts for many years and have adapted to fighting a stronger, faster, agile race which means their weapons have stopping power. Enough power to stop Malley in her tracks. they have some enhancements based on the situation and are kind of like the borg; they won't be unstoppable but they are going to be a real pain in the ass. So when this gets started again, remember, our characters caught them off guard. they did have some information on our characters but not a detailed bio. Be thankful, or hopeful, that they don't run into their elites....hehe

So just follow my lead and adjust accordingly. We can dispense with the stone situation because I know (and trust) you guys to role play accordingly. Okies? Thankies! Of course, any questions or such, please feel free to ask...
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

The soldier Sam managed to turn the weapon upon has its head erupt in a volcano like explosion spattering brain matter, helmet pieces, bone and green tinged blood everywhere as the blue tinged energy explodes through its skull. Sam finds his shoulders and face covered in blood and brain matter as well. The body falls limp and lifeless to the ground.

Two of three rounds from Esteban's weapon find their mark in the Arcellum soldier's right leg. One shot pierces through the upper thigh while another shot shatters the knee causing him to drop to the ground forcing him to land hard upon his good knee. He yowls in pain but manages to squeeze off a round. It shoots past Esteban close enough to leave a heat mark upon his left cheek. With blood now oozing from the Arcellum's useless right leg, he powers through the pain, steadying himself upon his good knee and prepares to fire again.

Malley takes the two new aggressors by surprise as she tumbles between and past them, coming to a defensive crouching stance facing them. They turn to face her, raising their weapons to fire again. She smiles but not to the soldiers but to Sam who now has the enemy's backs.

The sounds of battle are more intense as the fire fight becomes heavier some of it sounding closer than previous. Occasional small explosions reverberate throughout the ship, some close enough for the trio of intrepid heroes to feel vibrate the deck beneath their feet.

Last edited by Blackstar on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 am

Sam stands with the weapon in hand and fires a shot into the back of one of the aliens, then into the head of the second. His eyes meet Mally’s, a hint of sadness is seen but as quickly as it is seen it is replaced the hard eyes of a soldier.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Esteban realises if he can use the injured Arcellum soldier's injured leg to its advantage, he might find himself in a situation where he can put himself in a position, that will which gave him a better advantage.

So upon seeing that the Arcellum soldier's was making ready to fire; he rolled forward coming to his feet, and then using his rather nimble reflex's and partly flipped himself out of the way, of the Arcellum soldier's oncoming weapons fire, that he knew would come.

Once he righted himself he then forward a little towards the Arcellum soldier and then moved into a skipping/jumping kick with the aim of hitting the Arcellum soldier in the chest and knocking him off balance, hopefully onto his back.

He felt his boot connect home, the Arcellum soldier falling backwards with a grunt of pain as Esteban dived on top of him.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Two aliens crumple to the ground, dead, blood oozing from the wounds incurred by Sam's shots while the third now finds itself straddled by Esteban. Malley just manages to catch the look in Sam's eyes before they harden but for now, she simply makes a mental note of it. She glances Esteban's way then looks both directions of the hall. She can hear the guttural cries of the Pratoran's and from what knowledge she has of the reptilian like race, Malley knows they have fully engaged the Arcellum.

"Esteban? Don't kill the Arcellum," she barks. "Let's take him prisoner and see if we can garner any information from him. Besides, we need to get to the bridge." She gives Sam a slight nod of her head, indicating for him to join her as she moves to assist, Esteban.

Shadow Blade, a Legion of Shadow's ship captained by Manis Corusk remains silent and undetected, observing the current situation taking place between the Arcellum and Pratorans.

Another, unidentified ship enters the chaos of hyperspace but its entry point is far enough away that its arrival and the hyper portal are not detected. The hull of the ship shimmers for a few moments and then phases from sight.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Esteban inwardly breathes a sigh of silent relief; as he finds that he has managed to get on top of the Arcellum Soldier.

Giving the Arcellum Soldier a steely eyed glare, accompanied with the silent suggestion of 'try anything remotely stupid and I'll kill you', placed his pistol under the Arcellum Soldier's chin.

Esteban holding his pistol and plays with his right hand, took hold of the Arcellum Soldier's rifle with his left and eased himself backwards off the Arcellum Soldier.

He then noted Malley's presence and noticed her gesture to indicate that she would watch the pace whilst Esteban reasserted himself.

Taking the soldiers gun with him, he then stood in front of the Arcellum Soldier and holstered his pistol before covering the shoulder with the captured rifle.

Esteban then look toward Sam before nodding at Malley indicating he'd follow her lead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content