Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

4 posters

The Road to Peace- RP

Blackstar
    Blackstar

The Road to Peace- RP Empty The Road to Peace- RP

Post  Blackstar Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Pratoran Heavy War Cruiser; Long Fang
    Hyperspace, inbound to Arcellum Home World
    Visitors quarters
    Earth time- 3 a.m.

The chair she sat in was simply not designed for comfort with its rigid straight back, flat seat surface and stiff arm rests all less than adequately padded for one who had become accustomed to better quality seating. Her chair pretty much matched the interior of her room; neutral colors, sparse furnishings, brightly lit by motion activated lights sunk into the ceiling, the sterility of the room leaving her with the sensory deprived feeling one would experience in a whiteout condition caused by extremely heavy snowfall. The only real relief she's had since this journey began eleven days ago, was the small window through which she could at least observe and enjoy the passing visual oddities known as hyperspace. The Pratorans believed in functionality and purpose, a lifestyle in which comfort was not a factor.

Malley learned quickly that they were a race of beings who, despite the outward appearance of being aggressive warriors, were steeped in a culture rich in tradition and honor, at least from what she's read so far. Before her, rising up from the table were numerous holographic screens filled with a variety of information pertaining to the Pratoran and their world but being the natural linguist that she is, Malley focused on the Pratoran language along with any and all cultural interactions. This was an important mission and the last thing anyone wanted to happen was a major cultural faux pas, on her or her team's part which could cripple the coming peace negotiations between the Pratorans and the Arcellum. Though the road to these peace talks had been simple for the Arcellum, the Pratorans had suffered a brutal and violent four month revolution to get here and Malley would make sure the she and her team did their utmost best to honor and fulfill the mediation task they had been given by the U.N.'s Special Diplomatic Core.

She reaches to her right, tapping a button on a small console, the flickering images of the holographic screen vanishing. She rises from her seat,giving the chair a slight push back so she could take a moment for a good stretch. She moves from the table to the small port window, leaning shoulder first against the wall to gaze out into the dark, odd flickering lights of hyperspace. Someone had once tried to explain the theory behind hyperspace travel and though Malley was a very intelligent woman, the explanation might as well have been in Greek, so to speak. That kind of science was just not her thing but in this case, one didn't need an understanding of it to appreciate the change of scenery it offered from the clinically sterile like atmosphere of her room.

Malley crosses her arms becoming more relaxed, the tight muscles from being so involved in her work, finally loosening up, enjoying taking a break. She had spent the first five days of this journey studying the language and culture of the Arcellum and the reasons and motivations for their part in the war with the Pratorans. The Arcellum language was easy enough to break down and understand but what made it more curious was the fact that semantics were an integral part of their spoken language. This meant that one misplaced look, one wrong hand gesture could potentially be bad. Each gesture, if there was one had to be in harmony with the words they were speaking which added strength, reason and purpose to any discussion. Malley had found it very interesting that, humans were much like the Arcellum when it came to semantics just not to the level which the Arcellum people use it.

Malley's mind drifted from her current thoughts to friends and family back home, wondering what was happening with them. For safety reasons, no outgoing communications could be made with only important incoming communications being responded to. Though the Pratoran civil war had ended a short time ago, the new ruling council still had to face those dissidents which had gone into hiding. They didn't think the dissidents could be much of a problem but the council was not about to ignore any potential threats to themselves, the Pratorans or the peace talks. They would remain vigilant for many years to come.

Angel Starr had done a good thing by taking them to that dead world where two civilizations had warred to their extinction. The Arcellum were quick to see the situation whereas the Pratoran were not so quick to understand until one of the senior commanders, a warrior who was well known and respected amongst his people took matters into his own hands. It had not quite been what Angel had wanted or expected but Zhugan Kore would bring the Pratoran's to the peace table. Malley believed in many things but she strongly believed that war, oppression, hate and aggression had no place in life and that all sentient life should be free to live their lives in peace; without terror and without fear. She was here not only as Malley Gerros, citizen of the universe but also as Miss Liberty Star, defender of freedom and liberty.

She suddenly smiles, not because her eyes now focusing upon the reflection of the young, hispanic woman looking back but because of what she was thinking. It appears, the gauntlet to be the symbol of peace and freedom she had picked up so many years ago was now taking her out amongst the stars, a task, though daunting in scale, she was fully prepared to tackle.

"Angel has done her job by preventing two cultures from annihilating each other and thus protecting the value of life," Malley whispers, "now its up to my team and I to make sure that peace can bring about change. Hope burns brightly when two people remove the blinders of hate and arrogance to stop seeing each other as an enemy!" Malley continues to smile, nodding slightly acknowledging what she's always known since meeting Odanuda Daganogeda, leader of the Ranch, for the first time; Oda was a very intelligent, very wise and caring woman and not only did she believe that these two races, once hated enemies could work out their differences but that they would one day become staunch allies and friends.

"Oda has been known to be wrong in the past but not often," Malley mutters to herself, pushing off from the wall, "but I believe she is right in this case." She stands before the window, lifting her right hand, tapping a button on her wrist comm. They had been allowed to keep their wrist comms but only after a two hour long debate in which she had convinced the ship's commander it would in no way impede or interfere with the ship's daily operations and that, if they were worried about her and her companions being anything but who they were, the commander could always monitor their communications. That and her ability to be charming, even in hostile situations, had succeeded.

"Major Samuel Ascalon, Esteban Warisaro, please report to my quarters," she says into her wrist comm, then releases the button. She didn't wait for any acknowledgement or confirmation, she didn't have to. Both men had worked with her before, long enough to know when she wanted a response just by the tone in her voice. She moved back to her chair, glared at it for a moment then decided to avoid the chair. This was to be an informal meeting, as had been the other half dozen, so she decided to sit upon what the Pratorans called a sofa. Though ugly, simplistic and rather bland to look upon, at least it was a bit more comfortable than her butt numbing chair.

She makes herself as comfortable as was possible upon the couch and having grabbed a data pad from the table, she begins going over the names of the diplomats and representatives who would be at the Peace conference for a seventh time while waiting for her companions to arrive.

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    hoggj
    hoggj

The Road to Peace- RP Empty Re: The Road to Peace- RP

Post  hoggj Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Esteban Warisaro was lying on his bed in his assigned guest quarters of the cruiser Long Fang when he received the summons from Malley Gerros aka Miss Liberty Star to report to her quarters.

Slowly sitting up and placing to one side and data pad he had been reading, which was about the laws governing Arcellum and Pratoran
    Society.

He then reached for and pulled out from under a pile of other data pads, a grey polo neck jumper, because despite the temperature being adequate, he still felt cold given that it was first-time in space.

Getting up he then went to the bathroom, splashing cold water on his face before looking in the mirror and making himself more presentable.
    Esteban lived simply and did not live beyond his means, he had what he needed, he thought as he dried his face with a towel.

Exiting his quarters he made his way along the corridor to Malley’s quarters, the walk was a short one although still a fair distance so if you hand a little time to think to himself before he got to where he was going for the meeting.

He was interested in knowing more about the culture and philosophy of both the Pratoran and Ascalon peoples.
    Hethought a little insight on to those topics might give you more to work with on the negotiating table.

Esteban recalled to himself and spent a number of years as a freedom fighter primarily in South America as well as other places around the globe.
    It was then after a change in circumstances he became a diplomat after being approached by a member of the Ranch and United Nations.
    He considered that wars they certainly go on for a long time and that such a thing may be the be all and end all as they say however piece was said came with a price.

Soon he then found himself moving towards the door to Malley’s quarters, and as she was expecting him the doors switched open automatically as he approached them.

“Miss Gerros”, said Esteban as he entered moving to lean against an uncomfortable looking chair.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Samuel awakes with a start, trying to sit up he bangs his head on the underside of the table he was laying under. Rubbing his already throbbing head, he slides out from under the table and stares at the unfamiliar surroundings of the room he had been given. Standing up slowly Sam moves toward the restroom and splashes some cool water onto his face. "Major Samuel Ascalon, Esteban Warisaro, please report to my quarters,”. Walking to the door he looks down and sees that he is only wearing a pair of boxers and some socks. Thinking to his self, well I have shown up to meetings wearing worse. He walking down the hall passing Warisaro’s room he sees the ambassador walk into Mally’s quarters. Sighing he rubs his bald head and trudges on. Finally reaching Mally’s quarters, and just walks into the room. What’s up sweet cheeks, Sam says with a smirk on his face.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Malley looked up as Esteban entered her quarters, acknowledging his greeting with a smile and nod of her head as he takes a seat. She turns her attention to the automatic doors as they slide shut, opening up again a few seconds later. She rolls her eyes when Major Ascalon enters the room, greeting her with a rather crude comment and dressed in nothing more than his boxers and a pair of socks. She glances over to Esteban, shaking her head slightly a feeling more of disappointment than anger at Samuel's brash attitude, especially since he was part of a diplomatic group on an extremely important mission.

She places her data pad beside her upon thesofa, rising to her feet. Esteban she knew from his file, knew he was once a freedom fighter fighting wherever he was needed. According to his psyche evaluation, he was level headed but a bit rough around the edges, but nothing unexpected for one who has been active in several conflicts scattered across a very militaristic Central America and other hot spots around the world. From his short time on the Ranch, he has proven to fit in rather well, a good addition to a well rounded organization.

Major Samuel Ascalon on the other hand, well, his file said it all. He was a good soldier, a good officer with a good military track record but he had a colorful history; he was a drinker and his social skills with women were rather.......beastly at best. And sometimes, his drinking did not mix well when dealing with women. His file had been flagged a few times with minor disciplinary action but nothing beyond that besides the few female officers who had little or no respect for him.

He joined the Ranch some time ago and most of the women put up with him, treat him like an annoying, obnoxious brother with a potty mouth until one day, a few months after joining, he crossed the line. Nobody had been around to hear what had taken place or was said between him and a young African American woman known as Nebele but whatever had been said resulted in damage being done to both the barn and Samuel himself as he was punched through the wall landing rather harshly some thirty feet from the bar with a concussion and broken jaw. Neither Nebele or Samuel divulged to anyone what happened that day but thankfully, Nebele had pulled her punch, otherwise, Samuel could very well have been damaged far more severely, crippled or even worse. He takes a wider route around Nebele these days.

As for herself, she put up with Samuel and his idiosyncrasies because if it wasn't for him, her first command mission would have been her last. They had been assigned to protect a political figure, a leader who had become quite popular with the people of Peru, a man who appeared to have the strength, courage and where with all to end the strife taking place within that country. The situation had gone to hell in a hand bag and if not for Samuel's keen wit and years of training.....well! He found the second sniper, whom they learned later, was actually sent to take her out, not the future president.

That was two months ago, but they had worked together long enough on that mission to have an understanding of each other and despite his ego, his self love for his body, his drinking and womanizing attitude, he was a good friend and the reason why she would have a "strong talk" with him about his dress protocol and the importance of this mission, alone.

Malley gives Samuel a stern look before offering up a vocal greeting. "Good morning gentlemen. There are a few things we must go over before we reach Arcellum, one of them being cultural codes of conduct," she says her words aimed at Samuel. Malley turns to retrieve the data pad from the bed, her action hiding the smirk on her face. When she turns to face her companions again, her face was all business.

"I guess we should start with any questions and concerns you two have," she states, sitting back upon the sofa.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Sam’s silly smile vanishes and becomes serious; all joking aside what are we in for when we hit planet side? More entailed are we going to be able to keep our weapons? I know you can handle yourself Princess and I know you have done some fighting before Ambassador , is there anything I need to know that is not in the brief?
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Esteban Warisaro glowers somewhat at Samuel Ascalon when he sees the way he is dressed and shakes his head wondering if he is slapdash attitude towards things was the way he carried himself in the field, not having worked with him on a mission before.

Turning to look back at Malley he says “If I'm right what we hope to achieve here with diplomatic negotiations, is a lasting peace between the The Arcellum and Pratoranm people's, but I am wondering can we expect any opposition towards diplomatic process”.

“Also what sets apart these two civilisations from each other, are there any cultural and philosophical similarities and are there any particular differences between the laws that govern these people”.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Malley listens to both men feeling a bit irked by Samuel's brash comment, but she shrugs it aside.. For now!

"Aren't you just full of serious questions," she smiles at Esteban, "and I'll answer those questions in a moment," she adds then turns her attention to Samuel. "I gather you're asking if there is anything more you need to know about us?, or just him," she indicates with a slight nod towards Esteban.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Princess I know you can handle yourself, I know your limitations as you know mine. But I just need to know, turning to Esteban, what you didn’t put into your bio for the UN.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Esteban pauses for a moment nods saying “ that's a fair question and I guess certainly as we're going to be working together I should perhaps come clean and reveal more about myself as I'm going to be working with you”.

“As I used to be a freedom fighter, I could be seen in other terms as a mercenary, and I admit there were times when I was paid to fight or other people”

“I feel I have always been a good person at heart, fighting for those I feels are the underdog, such as people being oppressed in varying ways”.

“I have fought generally in South America and Africa but also includes the Middle East in some cases.

“This has on some occasion brought me into conflict with America and the UN or countries that may be deemed as a global super powers”.

“However I have often gone into situations when global powers have been unwilling to step in even though they are aware of what's been going on, being fully aware of the atrocities being committed somewhere”.

“Even though these ideals and morals are what I follow, I have been known occasion to be mistaken”.

“Sometimes in combat I’m known to get overly aggressive on occasion such as in high stress situations”.

“This was why I decided to leave the global conflict arena, to become a diploma, to seek a resolution to things through peaceful negotiation”.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:08 pm

"And thus the reason why he was taken in by Odanuda," Malley says following directly upon Esteban's last word.

"Does that answer your question?" she asks, fixing Samuel with a stern but relaxed look, "and I also need not remind you that my name is not Princess but Malley, yes?"
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:20 pm

I guess that will have to do, Sam says while heading to what looked like a very uncomfortable chair. After sitting down, Sam instantly regretted the decision and stood back up. So what else you got for us Boss Lady?
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:46 am

"Good! Now on to the business at hand," Malley says, quickly remembering the questions Esteban had asked.

"We are here, at the request of both sides, to mediate the peace process between these two cultures," Malley begins, "and yes, we can expect some kind of resistance to this process. Thirty years of war and hate is not and will not be forgotten so easily. From the information we all received, it is best and safest to expect something to happen from either side. The new Pratoran regime is currently doing their best to root out any remaining loyalists but that will take some time. As for the Arcellum, even though they are originally a peace loving people, we have been warned that their are those who grumble and disagree with this process. And of course, there are those who would sooner see both sides annihilate themselves than surrender." She pauses a moment to let the information sink in.

"Many would assume that the Pratoran may be the ones to propagate a situation to prevent this peace process but I'm not about to make that assumption. The Arcellum have lost just as much in this war as their opponents and from what I've read and understand, their is a lot of hate towards the Pratorans," Malley says, fixing a purposeful gaze upon both men. We play it smart and expect either side to cause problems and we know damned well that there will be. The road to peace is never an easy process and the propaganda machine has done much to damage the views and truths of both sides." Malley takes a breath and continues. "Heck, the Arcellum people have been lead to believe that the Pratorans eat their prisoners while the Pratorans believe that the Arcellum use Pratoran prisoners in furthering Arcellum biotechnology. There may be truth to this and then again, their may be not but personally, I think it was rampant propaganda used to nurture the growing hatred between and amplify the ever increasing fear towards each other. How many times have we seen this on our world, especially in the Great Korean war; too much misdirection, too many lies, too much subterfuge on both sides in an effort to hide the truth from the people." She pauses again, looking between her companions.

"Angel Star started something good here and she believes that, in time, both the Arcellum and Pratorans will become friends and allies," Malley says. "Odanuda believes Angel and that's good enough for me to be here and the fact that we're here at the request of two alien goverments also speaks volumes for Angel." Malley sits a bit forward on the bed, leaning on her knees, the computer hand hanging limply from one hand. A serious look comes over her.

"But we must be careful. We are here to help, to offer ideas and suggestions, not to get involved with anything that may happen beyond our purpose. We are technically neutral in this situation, which is what our U.N. boss wants but personally..... Well, my personal feelings can hold for now, but we must be cautious and I see no need to remind the two of you just how delicate this situation is. Any questions before I continue?"

hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Esteban ponders moment thinking on whether he has any further questions, a few thoughts come to the forefront of his mind and so he says “Well firstly I would like to understand how it is the war began in the first place between The Arcellum and the Pratorans”.

“I will be particularly interested to hear about this in the case of the as you say Malley they were originally a peace loving people”.
    “Also how long have these two people have’s been at war with each other”.

“You say there are still a few remaining loyalists on the Pratoran side, are there any prominent loyalists still majorly active?”
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Malley ponders Esteban's question, giving Samuel a slight glance wondering if he had anything else to say. He didn't appear to, so she forged ahead with her answer.

"Well, as you've read, the Pratoran, though an honorable, clan like race are rather war like, finding glory and honor in war and combat. They are also a bit arrogant, seeing many other races as inferior to them and therefore believe said races should be conquered. In their own views, they believe themselves protectors to races they perceive weaker than they.

The Arcellum are a peaceful race, living in harmony with their world and all about them but the war has seriously unbalanced their harmony. First contact by the Pratorans was anything but friendly as two weeks after their original contact with the Arcellum, they declared war. The Pratorans saw the Arcellum and their peaceful ways as weak and pathetic and in need of, how was it put," she pauses momentarily, glancing at her comp pad. "Ah, "re-education" to a better way of life is how the Pratoran war council put it." She glances between Esteban and Samuel. "So began a thirty year war!"

"At first, the Arcellum tried every avenue of diplomacy that was possible but the Pratorans kept pushing, seeing their opponents peaceful gestures as evidence to the Arcellum's weakness. Seven of fifteen worlds fell to the Pratorans and finally, as happens when anything suddenly feels cornered, the Arcellum fought back. The sudden turn of events surprised even the staunchest warrior amongst the Pratoran as the Arcellum brought their slight edge in technology to bear against their foes. The Pratoran for the very first time, in five hundred years, had run into a race that could push back....and with force. From that moment on the war eventually deteriorated into one of simple brutality, eventually becoming nothing short of a simple blood feud. Propaganda, misinformation, deception about a great many things was committed by both sides until very little remained of the truth. Hatred, anger and a desire to see the other side completely annihilated was the cry of demand heard by both sides." She pauses, giving both men a long, serious look.

"I need not tell you that this is war at its most horrible worst. The death camps of the Great Korean War are nothing more than five star hotels compared to the horrid brutality committed by both sides when dealing with their prisoners. If Angel had not stepped in...... Well, you know what would have happened."

"Yes, there are a few remaining Pratoran loyalists with a few of them still finding support within certain factions of Pratoran society. The revolution may be over but the wounds will take many years to heal," she says to Esteban, answering his other question. She looks upon the floor, her eyes becoming distant, remembering the horror stories of the Korean War told by her father and the terrible atrocities of murder and slaughter committed by both sides near the end of that war. She also remembers the outcry raised by the people of the world when discovery of those heinous acts was discovered by the World News Organization. On that day, the people moved mountains and the war ended. Even the mighty Chinese government could do nothing but acquiesce to the demands of their people.

"Gentlemen! I cannot tell you how important this task is," Malley says, her words weighted with seriousness, eyes filled with her conviction and belief that their presence could make a difference. "We are to work with both sides mediating any serious disputes of which we know there will be many. We are to also to work hand in hand with both security forces. We are to do whatever is necessary to aid the peace process annnd, as Odanuda told me, we are to find a way to, either directly or indirectly, reach the people of both worlds. She believes that it is within the the people that peace will be found."

Malley finishes, looking between both men, her look inviting further questions.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Sam just leans against the wall and listens to Mally, taking in everything she had to say. Well I guess we have our work cut out for us. I just hope that this can be resolved without bloodshed. Sam looks down at himself; well I don’t have anything else to add I guess I better go get some sleep. How long till we reach the planet anyway?
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 am

Esteban regards what Malley is saying with deep concentration, “with both sides so enamoured in war diplomatic negotiations may not be so easily admonished”.

Nodding as Malley mentions North Korea he goes on to say “I have witnessed atrocities myself, particularly in places such as Africa, where high-powered governments are well aware of what is going on but do nothing”.

“It will certainly take some doing, but if we can get through to the people of both the The Arcellum and the Pratoran then we will most likely succeed depending on how they can be swayed of course, but naturally try to deal with both bureaucracy and the politicians of both sides, and that I believe is where we shall start but as to how that will carry through remains to be seen”.

“Besides there is a saying, people should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people”.

“I have no further questions”.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:38 am

Malley nods to both men, giving an added smile and nod to Esteban's comment and then adds something else, "And remember to be firm, but not overly aggressive with our hosts. Anything beyond that and you may very well find yourself in their Circle of Combat defending yourselves against a perceived challenge. They are not meta in anyway but they are far stronger than the average human, quick and agile and can take a fair bit of punishment. I"m not tooting my horn when I say this, but I believe the best of their warriors, male or female could easily be my equal.

And whatever you do," Malley continues, giving her narrowed eyed attention to Samuel. "And I don't think I have to tell you to.... be careful on how you deal and interact with female Prator. They are warriors as well and take their mating extremely seriously. Understand? As for our time of arrival," she glances at her pad, tapping a couple of buttons, "another day by the looks of it, so I suggest we get brushed up on inter species protocol," Malley adds, rising to her feet.

She takes a moment to stretch, Samuel's idea of "getting some sleep" becoming quite attractive. "I think we should get some sleep and meet back here at at..... O nine hundred Earth time." She smiles, giving a minor salute. "Dismissed, gentlemen!"
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Plot: A ship of unknown origin remains just outside sensor range of the Longfang. For whatever reason its purpose or why its there is known only to those who dwell upon it and for now, like a predator, it seems quite content to stalk its prey, waiting for the proper time to attack.
    hoggj
    hoggj

Post  hoggj Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Esteban Warisaro took in Malley’s smile and nod in his direction taking in the perceived feeling of praise.

He also took a mental note of what she had said about the aliens and their physical capabilities however he also considered it might indeed pay to be firm when speaking with these people to avoid any unnecessary mishaps.

When Malley spoke the words “Dismissed” he nodded politely and said goodnight Malley before leaving her quarters.

Feeling tired he decided not to waste time in idle talk with Samuel, as he felt he had a slight dislike the man, given the way he conducted himself.

Making his way briskly to his quarters, he entered and made himself comfortable for bed.
    He then helped himself to a glass of orange juice before picking up a data pad on interspecies protocol.

After spending several minutes browsing the data pad and finishing his orange juice he soon made himself comfortable and settled down to sleep.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Malley watches Esteban leave and just before Samuel is about to do the same, the tone of her voice gives him cause for pause.

"Actually, Samuel, I'd like a word with you, please," Malley says, her tone sounding rather matter of fact. She rises from the sofa, moving to within two feet of Samuel.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 am

Samuel stops as he is about to exit the room.He turns and looks Mally in the eyes, I'm sorry you know just try to joke to break the tension. He stops as he is about to move on and just stands at parade rest.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:20 pm

"I know, Samuel," Malley answers. "You know that I'm not much on stiff backed, straight faced protocol and you know I hate pulling or using rank but I think..... I think, for now, while we're on this mission, I think we should."

Malley gives Samuel a smile. "So for now, I'd like to see more of the officer than the rapscallion we both know you can be, okay? There is still the threat made by the Pratoran loyalists hanging over our heads and I need you at your best, Sam."
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 am

Sam smiles , Sure anything for a beautiful lady, he then turns walks to the door. Stopping in mid stride, Sam turns and gives Mally a crisp salute and winks. Walking out the door Sam walks down the door and heads for his room . Upon getting there he grabs the data pad off the table and sits down on the bed. laying back he starts to commit to memory it's contents.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Malley shakes her head, mixing it with a roll of her eyes as Samuel leaves. She thinks how some days, he can be so insufferable but despite those thoughts, she knew he would abide by protocol, being the soldier and man he needed to be during the diplomatic proceedings.

She turns, glancing about her room, a gentle sigh escaping her lips as her eyes come to rest upon the table and the uncomfortable seat and the work she knew she had to return to. But she doesn't move there right away, instead, heading back towards the window taking a look out into the odd swirls of energy and matter of hyper-space. A dangerous place to be without the proper skills and guidance systems. For a moment, her mind empties of all thought, losing herself in the vastness outside her small window, unaware of the predatory eyes gazing back in her direction.

Suddenly, a cold chill runs down her spine, snapping her back to her surroundings, a small feeling of dread entering her mind. Malley wasn't sure why a feeling of dread had come over her but her guts and years of combat told her something wasn't right. She stared back into the darkness, straining to see into the soup of hyper space as though it would suddenly part shedding light to reveal the reason and cause for her sudden feeling of dread.

After a few minutes, she rubs her watering eyes, moving away from her window back to her seat. She spends a few wasteful moments trying to get comfortable before reaching to the side, tapping the button, numerous holographic screens quickly lighting up in response. Malley takes one last look towards the window, her feeling of dread rising a bit, then turns her eyes and thoughts back to the task at hand.

Whatever the danger, from wherever it would come, there was no sense or reason to ponder upon it, the situation would reveal itself in due course. Until then, she would continue her work but ever ready to respond, react when needed.

She was always and ever vigilant.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 pm

He watches the view screen, focused upon the Pratoran ship center of the screen. A small, cold, predatory smile tweaks the corners of his mouth, his steel grey eyes filled with cold purpose, readying for the moment he would give the command to attack. He is a mid ranking member of a powerful group known as the Legion of Shadows, an organization dedicated to sowing the seeds of chaos wherever it was required of them, their reach stretching across space, time and dimension, striking from the shadows. Only a select few knew of their existence and for those who had the misfortune of meeting them, never survived and those unfortunate few who did could only tell others nothing more than ghost stories.

They were the stories of myth and legend upon many worlds but the kind that made one tremble and watch the shadows in fear and trepidation. Anonimity was their tool, fear and terror their weapon, night and shadows their companions, chaos and servitude to their masters, their sole purpose and only those deemed worthy found their way into this mythological organization. It was a brotherhood of blood and chaos who's members were of any species willing to serve dark masters in the spreading and cultivating of fear and horror from within the dark shadows of terror.

Manis Corusk sat back in his command chair, his steel grey eyes still focused upon the Pratoran warship, the Long Fang. "Distance to target?"

"Fifty thousand kilometers and holding steady, Captain," responds the female tactical officer.

"And we remain undetected?"

"Yes sir! The stealth module is functioning within acceptable parameters and they remain unaware of our presence," responds the science officer after receiving a quick nod from the engineering officer.

"Good, good," the Captain responds a in chilly voice. He glances down to his second, sitting a few feet lower than himself in a smaller command seat. "What is your assessment, Mr. Kalis?"

The second command seat spins to face the Captain, Kalis looking up. "As was predicted, their sensor technology is inferior to ours and if we follow a standard attack procedure, they will have little time to react once we move to the attack. Their weapons are equal in ability to ours but their missile technology is slightly superior to ours. I believe, at best, they could cause us some minor damage before we overwhelm them. As always, we occupy the superior tactical position, sir."

"Excellent! Very good assessment, Mr. Kalis. The shadows and surprise has always served us well," Manis replies, his cold smile becoming broader. He takes a moment to slowly turn his command seat, giving a quick glance to each of his station officers, starting with Navigation to his left. The bridge is a circular design with Navigation, Communications and Engineering spread along his left while Tactics, Weapons and Science were spread to his right with four other stations located to the back of the bridge.

He finally makes the full three hundred and sixty degree turn, focusing his eyes back upon the view of the Pratoran ship. His crew was one of the best within the Legion, each of them very crisp, very efficient at their jobs, all of them quick witted and intelligent and he treated his officers with a level of respect and dignity beyond that of other ship commanders. He is cold and calculating, but he understood and fully appreciated the level and ability of his officers and for this reason, his ship, his crew were often selected for exclusive, sensitive missions and the success of their combat record proved this. The Heavy Destroyer, Shadow Blade has partaken of many missions, seen many combat situations, faced many opponents, some of them being larger ships and had come out of each one with an undeniable record.

They had yet to be defeated!

His crew was the best and this mission would be handled with the same skill and ability as previous missions. "Set battlestations, ready weapons and activate the battle imaging systems," Manis Corusk orders.

Battle klaxons sound throughout the four hundred meter, inverted wing shaped war ship as the crew of three hundred prepares to go into battle. Marine units, already in combat gear, scramble towards their designated battle shuttles in preparations to board an enemy ship. On the bridge, as the seats move into a semi reclined position, special helms appearing from within each seat to partially encase each officer's head. Once activated, it gives a full three hundred and sixty degree view of the ever changing and shifting patterns of hyper space, their stations now operable by the mind.

"Prepare the fire the disruption missile. Prepare to drop out of hyper-space," Manis orders.

"Missle ready," responds the weapons officer almost immediately.

"Fi...."

"Sir," interrupts the feline looking Science officer, his voice barely hiding the surprise within. "Another ship has just appeared."

"Explain, Mr. Li'thar.

"It just entered hyper space and is on an intercept course with the Long Fang. It's...."

"Spit it out, Mr. Li'thar."

"According to its thick, five hundred meter long cylindrical shape, its an Arcellum war cruiser, sir and its bearing down hard. ENERGY SPIKE," he suddenly shouts. "They're firing."

"Remain at battle readiness," Manis orders. "This could be an interesting day."

All of them watch in curious excitement at this sudden turn of events as the Arcellum warship opens fire on the Pratoran ship, the Long Fang.

About an hour has passed since the meeting, Malley was busy studying Arcellum cultural practices when she is suddenly startled by the sounds of a loud, long shrilling alarm which rises and falls in tempo. She barely has time to acknowledge this when her world is suddenly turned upside down by being flung from her seat as the ship rocks and bucks under the first impact of enemy fire.

After coming to a sliding stop up against the bulkhead, she scrambles to her feet managing to maintain a semblance of some balance as the ship shudders and shakes heavily under smaller impacts. She quickly makes her way to the bed, leaning upon it with one hand as she yanks her shield from the other side of the bed. If the ship was under attack, there would most likely be a boarding party to follow she figured as she slide her arms into the shield straps.

She spins on her heels and heads out the door, it barely opening as she rushes through. She moves quickly down the hall, banging her shield on both the doors of Samuel and Esteban, shouting loudly for them move their asses, as she passes by. At the end of the hall, she waits for her team mates, making sure to remain out of the way of the Pratorans hustling with purpose up and down the halls.

For some reason, she didn't feel too surprised at what was happening.

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content