Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

Reverend Markus Ghent

hoggj
    hoggj

Reverend Markus Ghent Empty Reverend Markus Ghent

Post  hoggj Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Sex: Male
    Ethnicity: Black African Irish-American

Abilities
    Intelligence: 4
    Strength 4
    Agility 4
    Speed 4
    Durability 4

Actions
    Close Combat
    Ranged Combat
    General Knowledge-Knowledge Occult-Knowledge Supernatural

Hunting/Tracking
    Inventing
    Social Skills
    Vehicle Operation
    Reflexive Dodge

Alcoholic priest turned Hunter of the occult and supernatural
    Favourite drink: Johnny Walker Black label Whiskey
    Interests: Blues Fan

Last edited by hoggj on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    hoggj
    hoggj

Reverend Markus Ghent Empty Equipment

Post  hoggj Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Kabarda Anti-Grav Car
    Reverend Markus Ghent MI_Silhouette

Last edited by hoggj on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    hoggj
    hoggj

Reverend Markus Ghent Empty Re: Reverend Markus Ghent

Post  hoggj Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 am

Personality
    Markus Ghent carries an obsession for what appears to be his "crusade," against the supernatural and compulsively quotes passages of the Holy Bible as he speaks. He is extremely determined to achieve his ends in maintaining the balance and fighting the good fight.

hoggj
    hoggj

Reverend Markus Ghent Empty Backstory

Post  hoggj Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 am

Somewhere in Midwestern America lies a small unassuming town named Harborough Falls.

Through the early morning dark rain clouds swept over the town as rain cascaded down in thick heavy torrents, the street lights illuminating the wet tarmac as the headlights of a Kabarda Ant-grav Car sweep up the street towards a small church with a connecting house.

With a roar of the Kabardas engine it pulled into the driveway of the house, the noise of the engine soon died as a young man in his mid-20s stepped out of the vehicle locking it behind him.

He approached the house and pressed his thumb to the electronic lock of the front door, which beeped with a low sound, followed by a click as the front door unlocked admitting him entrance.

Elsewhere within the house Reverend Markus Ghent gently dozed as he took his customary morning nap before Sunday mornings St Balthazar’s Church service.

Of late during the past month he had been constantly haunted by a dream, visions he cannot explain nor could he understand.

At first he wondered if they were related to his younger days, back in his foolish youth when he was a thief; before he found religion and redemption.

But these dreams were of a more sinister nature, of Dark beings, creatures which he has never heard nor seen in all his occult knowledge.

He knew that something big was going to happen, something dark was coming and above all something about it was all wrong, very wrong.

As he dreamt; he gleaned he was moving up a long highway road and was approaching a large green road sign which read Reflex Mega City, 5 miles.

Suddenly he awoke with a start, and immediately looked about before checking his watch to see what time it was.

Samuel is that you” he said aloud.

“Yep it’s me, I just rolled into town in a few minutes ago; I’ve got to say it’s very quiet out there, doesn’t seem to be anybody about at all”.

“Hrm odd” replied Markus as he tidied and sorted himself out.

“Well as to head next door to the church and see if anybody has arrived”.

With that said the two brothers heading next door to the church, Markus placing himself behind the pulpit, whilst his brother Samuel took a seat on a nearby front pew.

For a while the two brothers sat in silence as they waited for the other townspeople to arrive.

In quiet desperation Markus began to pray out loud to himself.

"It is on this Sabbath day, in this empty church, which I pray to thee. What am I to not lose faith to the people in this town? Please. God, give me the strength to lead these sinners to righteousness”.

“Last night the demons visited me in a nightmare”. What are you trying to tell me, Lord?” That the citizens of Reflex Mega City are descending into darkness, just as I was once, trapped in the shadows of Satan's embrace?” “I personally invited every last soul in the town to today's service”. “I will bring them your word, Lord. I will show them the way."

“Come brother let us take the word of God to the people”.

Soon the two brothers were walking along the sidewalk past empty corner shops and stores; passing by people’s homes until they soon came to a stop.

It soon dawned upon the two brothers that they were unable to see or spot anyone anywhere and then with this thought the two brothers then began a frantic search of the town reconvening outside the church sometime later.

“There is nobody here said Samuel, the entire town is deserted and it looks like there’s just the two of us”.

“And me” said a voice; turning the two brothers saw before them, a tall balding man with a comb over, gruff features and unshaven stubble”.

He was dressed in a brown tweed jacket with a grey polo neck jumper, black trousers and smart black shoes that shone to a shine.

“Who are you” said Samuel

“You can call me...Caleb”.

Before the two brothers could say anything further Caleb stretched out his right arm palm first; and then suddenly the two brothers flew backwards with such force that they were catapulted through the heavy wooden studied doors of the church disappearing inside.

Caleb then casually walked up the stone steps following the two brothers he had just flung inside the church.

As he did so he reached the nearest brother which was Samuel and again outstretched his arm flinging him this time upwards and into the stolen wooden beamed ceiling of the church itself.

Samuel then came tumbling down through the air to slam into the stone floor of the church below with a sickening crunch as his neck bent at an unnatural angle.

Markus picked himself up and smiled at Caleb saying “you Demon, you fiend, the Lord shall strike you down”.

“Not if strike first said Caleb, “besides I am just the beginning, the first”.

“Time for this sermon to come to an end”, Caleb out stretched his arms and sent two large wooden pews hurtling into Markus.

Sometime later Markus awoke in great pain, his body aching all over.

Hurriedly moving to his brother he knelt over the lifeless form of Samuel.

“The basterd that crawled out of hell has been a burden on this earth, since the day it was spawned, shiftless no good coward”.

“How dare he end a life as righteous as my brothers, if I could I would kill him”.

“Lord is that what you want from me; to be your sword, I have spent many years preaching to hyenas and wolfs but maybe there are some who are beyond redemption”.

“Is that what you’re telling me Lord, to destroy those who cannot be saved, is that what you want, then that is how I will serve you”.

“And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes and they shall know I am Jehovah, when I lay my punishment upon them”.

Rummaging through his dead brother’s pockets are retrieved a data key, and then removed his brothers knee length brown leather trench coat.

Returning to the house he threw one his brothers trenchcoat and grabbed a large travelling bag into which he placed a custom revolver along with various books, items of religious significance and other items on a the occult and the supernatural.

With that done he left the house and approached the Kabarda Anti-Grav Car, climbing inside he started the engine and backed out of the driveway roaring way out of town.

After many long days of ceaseless searching and questioning Markus Ghent at the wheel of the Kabarda took a swig from a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black label whiskey remarking to himself.

"The storm is coming”. “I can hear the thunder”. “Dark days for humankind are drawing near”.” For the great day of his wrath has come, and who shall be able to stand?” “I am your sword now, oh Lord, and your will, will be done”. “I've been chasing that demon for days now”.

“Took me some time to find his trail, as he didn't run for the border as I was sure he would”.

“Instead he headed west and then north...to Reflex Mega City”.

Sponsored content

Reverend Markus Ghent Empty Re: Reverend Markus Ghent

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:52 am