Reflex Mega City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reflex Mega City

A superhero RP and discussion board for Mature players and posters. Taking place in a unique Multiverse.

5 posters

So it Begins: The Rise of Darkness

pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

So it Begins:  The Rise of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: So it Begins: The Rise of Darkness

Post  pyriel32 Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 am

Elsewhere....
    Darrion looks around at all of the animals then to the woman . Saying more to himself then anyone else ,well I figured something was going to happen but not this. Uh greetings ,uh what would you like to talk about?

Last edited by pyriel32 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

So it Begins:  The Rise of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: So it Begins: The Rise of Darkness

Post  Blackstar Sun May 15, 2011 2:24 am

Elsewhere....

pyriel32 wrote:Darrion looks around at all of the animals then to the woman . Saying more to himself then anyone else ,well I figured something was going to happen but not this. Uh greetings ,uh what would you like to talk about?

The woman smiles warmly, her steps are graceful as she moves and stops just two feet away from Darrion. The air about Darrion fills with the aroma of a warm, rain filled night.

"Oh, where are my manners," she chuckles. "I am known as the Earth Mother to my people and not just to those who are Native North American, either." She winks as she waves her right hand in a gesturing fashion, a boulder rising from the ground in command to that gesture. She makes herself comfortable upon the rock, resting her hands in relaxed way within her lap.

"Do you know what you have there?" she asks, specifically pointing to the special weapon which sits within Darrion's sheath. She smiles expectantly at Darrion.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon May 16, 2011 7:28 am

Elsewhere....
    Darrion is taken aback by the acknowledgement the before him literally stood a god. Darrion smiles and looks down at the blade at his side . Truthfully no I don’t, that was one of my reasons for coming to the ranch in the first place. He slowly removes the blade from it’s sheath and places it in the air blade up . Would you mind if I sit ? He closes his eyes and says “se levitation” , slowly Darrion’s feet raise off the ground a few inches and he sits lotus position about a foot off the ground. There that’s better , I don’t know much about it but I do know that it can slay daemons. I witnessed that first hand. The blade slowly rotates while in the air and the shaft elongates to it’s normal length. I would very much so like to learn more about it .

Last edited by pyriel32 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am

Elsewhere....

The Earth Mother simply watches and listens, nodding slightly at his request to sit, yet her eyes never leaving the weapon he had drawn, leaving it to hover in mid air as he sat in mid air. She had chuckled a bit in apparent excitement, eyes lighting up as the shaft of the weapon had elongated.

She slowly reaches out her hand towards the weapon, her breath is held, a look of profound reverence upon her face, until her hand is within an inch of the weapon. She pauses, her eyes lighting up in excitement as the runes and symbols upon the weapon begin to softly glow. She passes her hands a short distance back and forth along the weapon, all the while, her face lit up and smiling.

She closes her eyes a moment, bowing her head as her hand hovers an inch from the weapon, in what appears to Darrion, to be nothing short of respect and honor. After saying a few whispered words, her eyes open to look upon the weapon again.

"I know all which takes place upon this planet. The moment something touches this world, I know of it, I sense it, I feel it, be it animal, human or otherwise," she says in an awed, whispered tone. I've been around for tens of thousands of years, long before life walked upon this planet, witnessing and hearing much which takes place out there in the darkness of space. But when life began here, my attention was turned inward and I left the other worldly concerns to the other gods who watch over this world." She pauses, smiling as she continues to gaze upon the weapon.

"Then she came! When her feet first touched this world, my attention was turned outward again. She came because of another, she came to aid those upon the Ranch in one of their most dire of moments, to aid this world in its time of need," she continues to explain. "I felt within her something I had not felt since the dawn of my creation," she looks up to smile at Darrrion, eyes filled with joy and pride, "the hand which had created me had created her but unlike me, she was far more special. She is a walker of the stars, a Star Child if you wish but unlike you and I, she is only a physical representation of what she once used to be."

A small Lynx interrupts for a moment as it hops upon the boulder to lay next to the woman, taking a moment to curl up and get comfortable, then turns curious eyes upon Darrion. The Earth Mother smiles warmly as she runs her free hand across its body in slow, gentle strokes, the animal beginning to purr in response.

"But enough with the history lesson," she smiles, her eyes still upon the Lynx as she continues to pet it. "I could go on forever about her and hypothesize to exactly who and what she is or even the one whom she calls mother but to be honest, I could say very little of her mother as would any of the other gods, but we know her as the Universe Mother." She removes her hand from the weapon, relaxing it within her lap.

"The moment that weapon touched this Earth, I could sense great power within it and I could sense why it was here, Darrion," she says, looking into his eyes. "It chose you, young mage. It is an ancient weapon created by one, to serve the light, to serve only the one who can wield it." She gives Darrion a wry smile. "Something is afoot, young man and neither was it dumb luck this weapon appeared during your battle with the demon, no! You were fated to be there that day and it is your destiny to wield this weapon in the coming days against a great and malevolent evil which threatens not only this realm but others." She pauses a moment, catching her breath before continuing on, allowing her words to sink into Darrion's mind.

"What was once pure and good has been tainted and twisted threatening to extinguish the light of hope and love. That must not happen," she whispers in concern. "We are but part of a bigger story, Darrion and we must be ready to do our part. Here she will come! Here is where it will begin. Here, we must crack the shell of darkness and evil which threatens to extinguish the light."

She suddenly falls silent, a deep look of concern etched across her face, a look of sad regret in her eyes and this is the way she remains for many minutes. Still and quiet, until her head snaps up to look Darrion in the eyes.

"It would reveal nothing else to me but I could sense the need, the urgency within it. She who crafted this weapon may very well need you one day, young mage. Be ready, be prepared! The power of the magic within you is far stronger than you think," she smiles briefly, "and you literally hold your fate, your destiny within your hands."

She pauses for a moment, raising the index finger of her free hand in thought. "There is one who may be able to tell you more about this weapon, the one whom I mentioned earlier. But as I mentioned earlier, she is only a physical manifestation of who she once was and is young in years and may therefore, despite the ongoing knowledge being dumped into her head, not be able to enlighten you further," she explains, returning her free hand to a relaxed position within her lap.

She becomes silent again, her head tilted slightly as she watches Darrion with interest, her hand continuing to pet the purring, snoozing Lynx beside her.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 am

Thomas O'Riley wrote:Thomas listens as Air Raid looked at him and tells him it is up to him if he wished to either go back to what he was doing, or go into the house. Thomas turned toward him and nodded as Air Raid spoke to him. Then the muscular blue dressed man pats Thomas on the shoulder then moved away.

Thomas was one for quietness, he had a life that was very draining. But while he had been on the ranch he had come to care for Oda, Cherish and even Marilee and the idea of just going to rest didn't sit right with him. How would he be able to rest peacefully if he didn't know what actually happened to the two women.

He watched as some of the others moved into the house, then Darrion starts toward the house. Thomas was about to move toward the house himself when he remembered what happened when he first entered. His whole body had tingled, most would think that it would be uncomfortable but it really wasn't. So, now Thomas found himself pause as Darrion stopped at the threshold, Nebele stopping between them too. He wanted to know what would happened to Darrion when he walks through the door. When Darrion paused Thomas wanted to tell him to just move, but he really was not one to speak out like that to a stranger, so he just watches.

Outside the Ranch....

Nebele was no different than Thomas, she too wanting to tell Darrion to move his butt, but like Thomas, she held her tongue. She had, like many others, paused at the door herself but unlike the man standing there now, she had been informed as to what might happen. Nobody had informed him and with some quick insight and the way he looked the door over, she assumed that he had some way to know what would or could happen the minute he stepped through the door.

When he finally did, she was not prepared for what did happen; as he stepped through, Darrion had simply vanished, leaving her to stare in surprise as the screen door snapped shut. In a way, this alarmed her but did not overly cause her concern. Whatever his reasons for disappearing, she knew who was on the other side of his trip.

"That, I was not expecting," she says in her thick, Swahili accent. She turns to face Thomas, a look of surprise on her face. "It will be interesting to find out what happened to him," she adds with a wink and wry smile to Thomas.

She reaches for the screen door handle, popping the handle and swinging the door open. She steps back to allow Thomas to enter first. "After you," she nods and smiles in courtesy.
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Mon May 16, 2011 11:48 am

Elsewhere….
    Darrion sits in total awe of the situation, wondering what to say and what not to say. Sigh you say I have great magic ……sigh I have yet to have seen it my time out in the waists nearly killed me . I will do what ever you ask but sometimes I wonder if the spear chose the right person.

boom
    boom

So it Begins:  The Rise of Darkness - Page 2 Empty Cryptic Knight

Post  boom Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Cryptic Knight looks at Darkkens and says its ok i like doing the heavy work plus you had too help Cherish.
    so now we just wait ok. At that point Cryptic walks over by the window in the room and waits and watches Cherish and Oda with a concered look in his eyes.

Cryptic watches as everyone startes to enter and come see Oda ten he sees that Jacob rushed in the other room with Marilee ad Darkken left too see whats happening, but will stay here see whats up.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 10:16 am

As everyone breaks up and moves off, some heading back to whatever they were doing before the situation happened, a young woman comes rushing out. Just as she exits the barn, she starts yelling for people's attentions. Her words, her voice sounds very urgent, carrying the weight of a stressed, concerned look upon her face.

"WAIT UP, WAIT UP!" she cries out in urgency. "Angel is in trouble."

((Those within the house will definitely hear the voice of Katya Kerchenko, aka Equinox, and the urgency within her voice.))
    Thomas O'Riley

Post  Thomas O'Riley Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 am

As Darrion looks through the door Thomas steps up beside Nebele. He doesn't say anything he just watches. From where he is standing he can smell the homey smells of flowers and baked goods. Thomas takes a breath in and smiles, "Love the smell of homeliness."

Then as his thoughts turns back to telling Darrion to get a move on it, Darrion takes a step into the house. However, he didn't end up inside, the screen door snaps shut and he is gone, "Well damn it." Thomas says stunned, "I hope he is okay, and not panicking." Thomas says after Nebele moves to open the door.

When she steps to the side to allow him to go in he smiles, "Where I came from, it is ladies first." His smile his warmly as he sweeps his hand out for her to go a head of him.

He opens his mouth to say something else when a women comes running out of the barn making everyone stop. Thomas being Thomas, he jumps down from the porch and his fists start to burn red as he hears the urgency in the young woman's voice.

"Where is she? What happened?" He asks immediately.
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Wed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

pyriel32 wrote:Elsewhere….
    Darrion sits in total awe of the situation, wondering what to say and what not to say. Sigh you say I have great magic ……sigh I have yet to have seen it my time out in the waists nearly killed me . I will do what ever you ask but sometimes I wonder if the spear chose the right person.

She smiles warmly and reassuringly at Darrion. "You speak in humility and doubt, Darrion and your time out in the wastes did not kill you. As for the spear, I know not how or why it chooses its wielder but its with you and that's all that matters. This much I know, this much I feel," she explains. "I think you could drop that off into a volcano, snap your fingers and be on the other side of the world in a second, only to find that weapon waiting for you."

She watches Darrion for a moment, her hand continuing to pet the Lynx lying beside her.

Have faith in yourself, Darrion. Doubt only serves to aid confusion and uncertainty," she explains. "Your magic will grow, you will grow and in time, you will know and see the path that you now travel. Be patient, gain knowledge and believe that weapon is exactly where it belongs. Something big is going on, something that may very well change the fabric of all that we see and believe, Darrion." She looks up, her eyes becoming distant as though she's looking right into space.

"When I look out there, I see nothing, but I can feel that something is happening, something big, something dangerous yet wonderful." she says, a soft tone of wonderment to her voice. "Something wonderful is going to happen, but not before the pain and sorrow of darkness and suffering."

She looks at Darrion with thoughtful eyes. "You will be needed, Darrion. Prepare and be ready for when that time comes."
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Sat May 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Somewhere else

Feeling reassured Darrion takes up his spear and bows thankfully to the goddess in front of him. Thank you for your wisdom and kind words I will pay heed to them . That is what I have been doing lately with my life I go where I am needed , and I shall do that now. Darrion turns and is about to take a step when he turns back ……..Uh how do I leave?
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Sun May 22, 2011 12:06 am

pyriel32 wrote:

Somewhere else

Feeling reassured Darrion takes up his spear and bows thankfully to the goddess in front of him. Thank you for your wisdom and kind words I will pay heed to them . That is what I have been doing lately with my life I go where I am needed , and I shall do that now. Darrion turns and is about to take a step when he turns back ……..Uh how do I leave?

The Earth Mother chuckles softly, an amused smile on her face. She partially raises a hand and begins to make slight gestures with it when her eyes suddenly widen. The runes on the spear begin to glow more brilliantly than Darrion has ever seen, the weapon becoming extremely warm within his hand. What surprises Darrion is the weapon almost feels.... Alive! He doesn't know how, cannot fathom the reason why, but Darrion feels as though he is standing in the presence of something greater than the Earth Mother.

"It appears the game, the situation has become far more interesting than I've anticipated," she says, her voice slightly raspy, her eyes distant as though she's looking somewhere else. She nods towards Darrion's still glowing weapon, saying, "It appears there is another of its kind here, young Darrion but there is something different about the other," she says, pausing for but a moment. "It's almost like its hiding itself from me.

She suddenly stands, the animals about her becoming alert, the Lynx by her side, quickly standing up, a look of indignation upon its face. She waves her hand, a portal sighs open but it is not to the Ranch but to a place that looks more like a war zone than anything else.

Her voice takes on an urgent tone. "Hurry, you must go, Darrion. Angel Star cannot hold out much longer against... against," she turns worried eyes upon him, "A God!"

pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Sun May 22, 2011 2:59 am

Somewhere else

Darrion turns and looks at the portal and back to the Earth mother. A god you say ...It's a good day to die he says and rushes into the portal.
    The Spirits
    Admin

Post  The Spirits Sun May 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Jacob sits up suddenly as Darkken takes to the air a few feet above. “Angel's in trouble? Not good!” It wasn’t every day that he heard things like that, and when he did, it was pretty bad. “I hate it when you’re right Darkken.” Getting to his feet, Jacob wondered what kind of trouble Angel was in, it had to be serious or else Katya wouldn’t have had the tone of voice she did. At the speed he's going Jacob reaches the door in mere seconds, stepping through it he says firmly “Katya, give us a location and a situation report if possible, we can all get there quickly, Oda and Merilee will be fine here.”
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Katya was not short of breath due to the lengthy run from the base below, her words, her speech were choked because of fear and anxiety. She is the daughter of Grana, the man everyone lovingly calls Wacko and a mother who died in an automobile accident a year after she was born. Katya had been raised by her father's friends, Oda and Marilee, here at the Ranch, his other family, his other home. His family had become her family and she loved everyone on the Ranch, especially Angel Star who was also a very good friend.

Having grown up on the Ranch, she'd been here when Angel first showed up, appeared on the Ranch as a young woman who looked about eighteen, acted like she was sixteen but was actually only a few days old. Katya, never really understood what a Star Child was or how Angel could look so much older than her actual age. Both had become fast friends and four years later, they acted more like sisters than friends and during that time, Katya had come to learn quite well just how tough Angel could be.

Her thoughts are pushed to the back of her mind when her mind hears the front door of the house, snapping shut, Jacob asking his question, his concern mixed with the concerns of Thomas, Nebele and the other now forming about her.

She takes a moment to compose herself, swallowing hard, still shocked over the news of Angel, how her friend was in trouble. "I..... I caught a 911 report, a bunch of them. There's a fight, a big one," she pauses, fear and concern dancing through her eyes, finding it hard to speak. "Angel.... Fighting someone, huge accident, weird fires. She's in trouble and she needs help," she literally begs, her eye pleading.

Marik, Nebele, Thomas, Jacob and the others exchange glances, each of them somehow knowing they shared the feelings of shock, concern and surprise. Katya's loud, concerned voice had attracted many members of the Ranch, a large almost full circle has slowly formed about her.

A portal suddenly opens a few feet from where everyone currently stands, a voice speaks loud and clear over everyone's wrist communicators. "I have the most recent co-ordinates set. Thomas, Jacob and Cyrptic Knight? You three will join Nahima, Anji and Ambrose, who have arrived on scene. Equinox? You will be needed there as well. Your healing abilities will be required as Oda and Marilee are down," instructs the voice, everyone knowing it to be Cheyenne.

"I need the rest of you down here, ASAP," Cheyenne orders. "Nebele? You and Silvermoon will remain and watch over Oda and Marilee. Go! GO!"

Nobody hesitates, everyone moves, especially Thomas, who receives a smiling, good natured shove from Nebele. "Be safe," she whispers as she turns, vanishing back into the house with Silvermoon. The rest head off towards the training building used for horses quickly leaving the group destined to aid Angel, standing alone.

((Continued in the forum "Enter the Dark Hunter."))
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 pm

She slowly stirs!  Her nose is assaulted by a variety of natural smells and aromas, her ears set upon with a myriad of bird song and as her eyes flutter open, she already knows where she is.

"Greetings, young one," a soft, warm and welcoming voice says to her.

Odanuda already knows who it is as her senses begin to settle down and focus, but this knowledge does little to settle the odd feeling of fear she feels deep within herself.  She remembers quite well what happened to her within her own kitchen before passing out.  She remembers fully what she said and the fear she witnessed within her daughter's eyes before becoming unconscious.  Oda finally focuses her eyes and sits up upon her elbows casting her gaze up towards a beautiful, native woman with tanned skin, long flowing dark hair and kind, brown eyes, sitting upon a large stump.  Oda sees the warm smile offered to her but it gives little comfort to the sense of trepidation and uncertainty now filling her heart.

"Be calm, Odanuda Daganogeda.  You will find only peace here," the woman says.

"I know Great Earth Mother, but I feel no peace at this moment," Oda answers.  She looks about for a moment, eventually finding her friend Marilee a few feet away,  still and unmoving.  Oda could sense that her friend was alive and fine.

The Earth Mother sees Oda glance over to her friend.  "I know, young Oda and everything will be explained, but only for you."  Oda notes the Earth Mother's face takes on a sad look, her eyes filling with sorrow.

Oda sits up, crossing her legs, a hint of concern taking hold at the change in the Earth Mother's look.  "What is going on?  What is happening?  Why did I suddenly have dark liquid oozing from my body?"

"Patience, young one.  Normally, I would not be telling you, for such an action on my part would be against the rules but with Crucifix's visit to this realm, to this world, the rules have been tossed out the window.  In what I am about to tell you, I risk everything that I am in doing so.  But I will not sit back and remain silent while this imbalance takes place."  The Earth Mother pauses for a moment, fixing Oda with a look which quickly causes Oda to feel uncomfortable, adding to an already filling sense of foreboding.

"Your child does not belong to you," she suddenly says.

Color drains from Oda's face, her jaw drops open in shock and surprise.  The Earth Mother holds up her hand quelling any possible response from Oda.  "What I mean to say, Cherish is not the child you were meant to have because this time line is not the correct timeline."

Anger, hurt, confusion flow freely into Oda's heart and mind, mixing quickly and willingly with the fear, anxiety and trepidation already dwelling within, causing her to simply stare in brain numbing bewilderment at the Earth Mother.

A sullen look crosses the Earth Mother's face before she continues, "In essence, a paradox has taken place perpetrated by two Dark Gods of Chaos, culminating in the time shift when I attacked your husband."

Oda remembers the moment like it was yesterday.  Her husband had come to kill the Earth Mother and during the ensuing battle, of which the Earth Mother had created a special weapon with which to destroy her husband.  Oda pauses here for a moment, feeling a slight bit of panic as she suddenly could not remember the name of her husband and though she tries hard to focus on his name, it remains elusive to her.  She glances up at the Earth Mother, the concern in her eyes quite apparent to the woman.

"It is beginning," she informs,  "Your mind is powerful, more powerful than you realize and it knows what I say to be the truth.  At that moment I attacked your husband, you stepped in between.  When my sword passed through him, into you, the time shift happened.  It had been a trap set by the two Dark Ones. I was so distraught over what I had done to you, I allowed your husband to kill me.  What I didn't realize, until later, when I surprisingly awoke whole and healthy, that my actions had created an unexpected situation for the two Dark Ones.  When I first awoke, I had a sudden realization that I could not be killed."

Oda stares blankly at the Earth Mother, her mind a confused hodge podge of emotions and feelings but yet, deep inside, somehow understanding all the Earth Mother was telling her.  "So, if what you say is true and this is not the correct time line, then what is and how do we change it back," she hesitantly asks?

A look of deep sadness fills the Earth Mother's eyes, her voice but a whisper when she speaks, "Your death!"

"Wha...." Oda gasps in total shock. "I don't...... Why?"

"There are many reasons, daughter of my soul," the Earth Mother sadly answers, "but I believe they will only cause you more pain and sorrow.  The only reason I can grasp at, the only thing I can say, though harsh it may sound, that could explain it simply is; you are not the Odanuda I know and love."

Oda responds with nothing more than a puzzled look.

The Earth Mother nods.  "In essence, you are Odanuda Daganogeda, Iroquois by birth and Canadian as you are in the proper timeline but there are unseen, subtle differences which you are unaware of but of which I can clearly see.  In the correct timeline, you do not have just one child, but several."  She pauses, letting that revelation sink in.

Oda casts her eyes to the ground though surprise and shock are written plainly across her face.   She thinks and ponders for a good many minutes, the Earth Mother waiting and watching patiently as Oda processes all of this unimaginably remarkable information.  She had loved Odanuda right from the day she was born for she knew the young woman she now watched was of good heart and mind.  She had watched over Oda from day one, never really interfering with her daily life but tinkering just enough to guide Oda where she needed to go and become who she needed to be.  She had watched, admired, smiled and felt much pride for the woman Oda had become and how she treated her powerful telepathic abilities with reverence and honor.  She loved Oda far more than she should but she couldn't help herself and right now, it was causing a deep ache in her heart to be informing Oda and by it, causing her pain.  But no matter what she thought of this Oda and though she looked like her and was her in every aspect, this was not the Oda, the Earth Mother had come to love and cherish.

There was also Oda's daughter,  Cherish and though everyone loved her, only a select few knew that the child was an abomination.  She shakes her head for a moment at using such a word, It was harsh and cruel but there was no other way to describe the four year old girl.  Cherish was a mixture of all that is good and all that is evil and if this timeline were allowed to continue, the young girl would grow to become, quite possibly, the universe's darkest time.  But she kept a secret, a knowledge hidden deep within her soul.  Buried far beyond the most powerful psychic's ability to dig out was the real truth of how the timeline must be fixed.  Oda's death was only the catalyst.  It was Cherish who would set things right but it would be her loss, her anger, her frustration and sorrow over her mother's death that would rearrange that which had been manipulated.  She had ached, lamented and wept toiling over her search for an alternative outcome but despite her best efforts, another solution had failed to present itself.

For four years she had tortured herself and agonized over what she should do until finally, seeing no other recourse, she had decided the truth was the best and only way to inform Odanuda.  She would inform Oda what she needed to know.  This was the only way, the only chance.

"This... is...the only...way," Oda stammers, her eyes filled with uncertainty.  Her words grab at the Earth Mother's attention.  "I mean.  There is no other alternative?"

"No, daughter of my soul."

Oda's shoulders slump, a sigh of resignation slips from between her lips and the tortured sadness in her eyes almost causes the Earth Mother to break down and cry.  "This course of time has to run normally upon its path and though I have broken the rules to inform you, your silence is expected."

Oda nods sullenly but her heart is only one thing, her mind filled with only one thought; Cherish, her daughter.  "This is so not fair," Oda whispers under her breath.  "Not fair to Cherish at all. It was not her fault but ours.  She is but a child!  A child I love very much."  A tear glides slowly down her cheek.

The Earth Mother could think of nothing to say to ease the pain she knew Oda was now feeling.  Yes!  She could tell Oda that things will turn out great, or that in the real time line, she still has another daughter named Cherish who turns out to be a remarkable young woman.  She could tell her many such nice things or even tell Oda that it is the right thing to do, or that correcting the time line must be done but nothing she says could ease the pain within Oda's heart.  The Earth Mother simply slid off of the large stump, moving gracefully to Oda where she kneels down near the young woman.  She leans in and enfolds Oda within her arms, the young woman reciprocating the action.  Oda holds tightly to the Earth Mother as she begins to softly sob.

The Earth Mother held her close.  Oda knew that she would still be alive once the timeline reset but it still was not the easiest thing to accept the fact that one's death was imminent and needed, to fix a problem.  How does one, anyone deal with such a thing? In this little clearing amidst oak, ash and pine a soft wind blows gently through.  Spears of sunlight pierce the canopy of the trees giving off just enough light to make it feel like early sunrise.  A sense of peace and calm settles over the clearing broken only by the soft sobs of Oda, the moment seeming to last for some time.  The two of them finally stir only in response to a soft groan coming from Marilee.

The Earth Mother pulls gently away from Oda looking gently but earnestly into her eyes.  "Marilee will be waking soon, so it is time for you to go, daughter of my soul."

Oda glances sadly over to her friend, offering only a slight nod.  A single tremble courses through her body then vanishes as Oda reaches up with one hand to wipe tears from her eyes.

"Stay the course.  Let life unfold as it should and remain silent as to what took place today.  For if you were to inform anyone else of what I have shared with you.  It could...."

"I know what it could mean," Oda snaps without warning.  She glares at the Earth Mother then quickly stands, yanking herself away from the arms of the woman.  "I am not a child.  I know what this means and what can happen!"

There is no admonishment, no rebuke or even anger as the Earth Mother looks up at the young woman with understanding eyes.  "I am the only one to blame," she tells Oda as she rises to her feet.  "You are not at fault in any way.  This may bring small comfort to you, Oda but long after this little time twist has been repaired, I will always feel bad for the pain and sorrow I've put you through.  Maybe one day, you will find it in your heart to forgive me."

Oda's anger lessens a bit.  "Maybe!"  She turns and walks towards Marilee where she kneels.  Oda's eyes glow softly for a moment then both her and Marilee vanish.

The Earth Mother reaches out, as though she is about to call them back but her hand falls limply by her side.  "I love you," she says, continuing to stare at the spot the two had been.  "The path you now walk begins with treachery and betrayal," she whispers, "by a man who loves your dearest friend."

She turns and begins to walk away, a gust of wind suddenly whips up as she turns into a spiral of leaves and is instantly dispersed.

Odanuda slowly wakes up, a soft sigh escaping her lips, alerting those within her room that she was now alive and awake.  She is greeted by her happily screaming daughter who jumps upon her, wrapping tiny four year old arms tightly about her mother, crying loudly.  Her son, Brandon sits upon the bed, smiling as he watches his sister going mental over her mother waking up.  Silvermoon, in his wolf shape, sits near the doorway, baring his teeth in a smile.  He rises, turns and heads out the door, pausing long enough to listen for anything from Marilee's room. He only waits for a moment when he hears Nebele asking Marilee how she felt.

He trots off down the hall heading for the front door and from there, to the hidden base beneath the Ranch.  Cheyenne and the others needed to know that Odanuda and Marilee were finally awake.  He also needed to know how Angel and the others had done.

He had a bad, gnawing feeling that something, he didn't know what, was taking place.

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 am; edited 3 times in total
    pyriel32
    pyriel32
    Admin

Post  pyriel32 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 am

(A day before Sam heads for space he slides this letter under Marilee’s door to her room.)

Marilee

I write to you knowing this might be the last time I will ever get to tell you that I love you, and thank you for helping he to become a better person, too look beyond King and country. I know we had a rocky start, but things got better. Mari, I would like to say I am sorry for what I am about to tell you. As you know when I was sent to the Ranch I was sent not only as a liaison to your group and the government but to keep track and report back to the superiors. I told you this after a week of knowing you even when you aren’t using your powers I can never keep anything from you. Before I was sent on this mission I was contacted by the agency I work for I was told that the decision was made that the ranch should not be in civilian hands either they have a garrison there or the will nuke the place to keep you from using it against the government.  I made a deal to keep them from nuking the Ranch I agreed to let them though the shield as long as they used non-lethal rounds. Sigh I know they will probably betray me but I had to try, I had to do something to try and keep you and your family safe. There is a virus that will take down the computer systems and all the defenses of the Ranch by the end of the week. I know you will never forgive me for this but I must tell you that, I only did this to keep you safe….God I’m rambling. Please tell Oda I’m sorry she was the first person to befriend me here. Mari (tears stain the page) I’m sorry.

Sam

Last edited by pyriel32 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    Blackstar
    Blackstar

Post  Blackstar Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Nebele leans against the wall at the end of Marilee's bed. She eyes the woman with concern, wondering what caused her and Oda to suddenly pass out, especially Oda, who ended up leaking thick black ooze from her eyes and ears. Something was up, something which boded evil! She wondered what was happening with the group that headed out to deal with an emergency outside of Reflex City and that, tied with the situation here was giving her a feeling of dread. Adding to this, was the trio which had been delegated to deal with the peace talks between the Pratorans and the Arcellum on the Pratoran homeworld. Malley, Sam and Esteban had been hand picked by Oda for this mission, a choice which Nebele had some issues with; Sam! As far as she was concerned, the man was rude, boorish and sometimes, extremely overbearing.

Nebele sighs, pushing off from the wall to move around to the far side of Marilee's bed. She leans against the wall in a way she can gaze out the window, her thoughts dwelling upon Samuel. She didn't much like him but there was no disputing the fact of how Marilee felt about him and though she would never admit it openly, she could not deny the way Samuel acted around Marilee. The two of them were in love! She crinkles her nose at the thought, wondering what Marilee saw in the man. She sighs again as her eyes fall upon Marilee.

"Who am I to judge," she whispers softly to herself. "I owe Oda and Marilee my life and despite how I feel about their choices and decisions, I will always support them." She smiles briefly. "Besides! Marilee is more than capable of deciding who she wants to love, even if the man is a brute." She chuckles for a few moments, remembering the look of shock and surprise on the man's face before and after she punched him through the barn wall for being rude and crass. Well, the only look he after hitting the ground was an unconscious one! She stifles a snicker! She had to honest with herself, since then, Sam has been fairly respectful towards her. She had pulled her punch that day and she knew full well that Sam knew that. If she hadn't, he could have been seriously hurt if not killed and with that thought, her humor evaporates.

She removes the following thoughts by moving to Marilee's bedside. She reaches down, gently brushing two fingers across Marilee's face. She owed these two women and the Ranch, so very much. Since being here, she may have questioned there methods and purposes, challenged their choices and reasons but once decisions were made, she abided by them. She was loyal to Oda, Marilee, the Ranch, their cause and all which they stood for because, for the first time in her life, she had purpose, a cause and though feelings of doom and gloom were creeping about within the shadows of her mind, she knew one thing for sure: She would crush any who would dare bring harm to Oda, Marilee, the Ranch or any who called it home.

She glances about the room, taking in all the pictures, knick knacks and various other items which adorned the dressers, walls and tables. One could almost here the voice of life whispering within this room, feel the history of the Ranch and on some days, when she closed her eyes, she could almost feel all that has taken place here. Nebele smiles, the warmth of these thoughts chasing away the shadows of doubt and ill omen within her mind, filling her with feelings of joy and comfort. She backed away from the bed, preparing to make herself comfortable against the wall, when a last roving look of the room brings her attention to a small table which sits the opposite side of the door. Just under the small shelf near the floor, she spies something peeking out. She moves to the spot, bends down and pulls out an envelope. A quick look reveals that it is not sealed. She looks from the envelop to Marilee then back and decides to take a peek at who may have sent it. The letter within was folded in a way where she could easily take a gander, her breath catches in her throat; it was from Sam.

Nebele glances quickly back to Marilee, a small feeling of guilt filling her as questions start to fill her head. It was apparent this letter was placed here before he left, but that was two days ago which means the letter had somehow found its way under the table to remain hidden until now. Why would Sam leave her a letter? Why would he do it before heading off on mission? A rush of concern waves like a heat wave through her body. Does he think he's not coming back? Or maybe there's a problem..... Why wouldn't he talk face to face with Marilee if something was..... Her thoughts begin to race out of control, the letter opening the door of her mind to possibilities, conspiracies and a myriad of other situations both legitimate and imaginary. She doesn't even realize she's moved back to the window until she leans against the wall. She gives her head a quick shake, taking control of her rampant thoughts. She removes the cause of her mental grand prix by placing the envelope upon the night table beside the bed.

"Whatever is in the letter is not for me to see," she says, looking at Marilee as though she were listening. "Whatever I may think or imagine or conjure within my mind, I don't think what is within the letter could be any worse than him getting all mushy with her." She turns to gaze out the window, her mind calming down.

"Besides, he's never given anyone reason to doubt or question him."

OOC: Ohhhhh, the possibilities.... LOL Life is going to get interesting...hehehe

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 am